Microsoft Teases New Social Site Called ''Tulalip''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
I'm sorry, but I can't think of anyone who would be more incapable of delivering a decent social network than Microsoft.

G

If it can pull together facebook, skype and my email all on one well designed web page then I might actually use it.

logicsync

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
It's a shame that despite owning the major part of the OS market, MS couldn't tap into the social aspect of internet. Just imagine what MS could have achieved with millions of people logging in daily and spending hours in a "Social Windows".

G

I disagree completely. Xbox Live is probably the second greatest social network (second only to facebook).

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Awesome, won't be long until Tulalip (reminds me of vaginas for some reason) is forced on Hotmail users.

One day you'll just have a Tulalip page. Great. Probably won't have an off switch either. The way to turn it off would be to yell at MS support.

G

@LORD_ORION

interesting concept, you want to complain about a e-mail service that is provided gratis free to you......

G

With so many social networks what would the benefits be of having accounts for them all? If syncing among the popular Social sites is possible I can see some good things happening in the future. I love facebook, twitter, Circles, and even other social networking sites.

Maybe Microsoft can bring them all together !

thaile4ever

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
One OS to rule them all o_O

Anyway Microsoft pours tons of money into R&D of ideas from all over the computing field, many of which never see the light of day. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft is designing a social site.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]logicsync[/nom]It's a shame that despite owning the major part of the OS market, MS couldn't tap into the social aspect of internet. Just imagine what MS could have achieved with millions of people logging in daily and spending hours in a "Social Windows".[/citation]
1 word - Antitrust.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
M$ is becoming that creepy old guy at the club on teen night hitting on the ugly chicks. Time to go back to the home grampa.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]afrobacon[/nom]M$ is becoming that creepy old guy at the club on teen night hitting on the ugly chicks. Time to go back to the home grampa.[/citation]

Why so butthurt? Some smooth older guy did your girlfriend?

G

Judging by the fact that nobody actually chooses to use Microsoft products unless they're forced to, this is going to flop about as hard as Windows 7 Phone did.

Really, they suck of late. XP was a turd until SP1, but after that, decent. XP with Office 2003 was good, but Windows 7 still has too many Vista-isms for enterprise use, and Office 2007/2010 are just laughable. Microsoft strongly discourages their enterprise customers from deploying 64 bit Office 2007/2010, they can't even make the 64 bit version properly open files created with 32bit Office 2003/2007. And people wonder why Open Office can't support all of Microsoft's formats properly.

They'll be all but extinct by 2020.

/rant

G

[citation][nom]logicsync[/nom]It's a shame that despite owning the major part of the OS market, MS couldn't tap into the social aspect of internet. Just imagine what MS could have achieved with millions of people logging in daily and spending hours in a "Social Windows".[/citation]

It's called Xbox Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.