Microsoft to Show Silverlight for Xbox Next Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyfeast

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
OMG YES!!! I freaking love Silverlight. If I could take a date with Silverlight, I would first put on my wolves shirt and then lay on a nice coat of AXE body spray. At this point I know that the night will finish with Silverlight and myself enjoying a great night of passionate love making.

Silver....light.

G

@fancyfeast

how bout you shut your hipster mouth. some people wear wolf shirts cuz that's all their step father's got them for christmas and if they didn't wear it they'd get beat. but yeah go ahead. keep being all cute and funny and ironic or some crap.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I'd really rather they didn't -_-. They already have a subset of .Net for the 360 and Windows Phone 7. I understand adding it to Phone 7, because developers are lazy ^_^, but adding it to the 360 seems to bring it closer to a multipurpose device (Sony approach) rather than a single purpose gaming device. Using silverlight for games also seems a little retarded considering MS has XNA to support all three platforms.

I know it's just a bid to try and increase the popularity of silverlight. Even so, I wish they didn't.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Netflix uses their own software, I think its a Flash knockoff...

Anyways, like other posters that have said before:

Who uses silverlight, besides msn(?) on their own website?

G

Netflix uses Silverlight as well as Toyota and Nasa its not going anywhere....

G

Yeah, thats what i want, to play games with no Vsync turned on.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rolltide101x[/nom]Netflix uses Silverlight as well as Toyota and Nasa its not going anywhere....[/citation]

i use netflix on the ps3 because of that silverlight crap
who gives a @$%@ about toyota?
and nasa... yea... who goes there outside of school research, or whenever nasa does something cool

silverlight was doa, but somehow it still gets used. personaly, i refuse to install it.

psiboy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Now if only I could turn off it's ability to use my web cam and Mic light I can with Adobe Flash Player! Privacy breach much M$!

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]Since when Silverlight was used in any of the websites I visited?[/citation]
You obviously never used netflix then.

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i use netflix on the ps3 because of that silverlight crapwho gives a @$%@ about toyota?and nasa... yea... who goes there outside of school research, or whenever nasa does something coolsilverlight was doa, but somehow it still gets used. personaly, i refuse to install it.[/citation]
Its worlds better then flash......

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ReggieRay[/nom]MS still pushing that proprietary piece of crap. Hello MS, HTML5.[/citation]

:D Actually because it has no chance to dethrone Flash and HTML5 is coming slowly to wipe off proprietary technologies, Microsoft are pushing Silverlight for App development for Windows Phone 7. It's a kind of castrated WPF.
If it is any good I have no idea.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]phantomtrooper[/nom]Pretty sure Netflix uses Silverlight[/citation]
your FACE uses silverlight! bwahahah

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Silverlight is pretty easy to develop for, and work fairly well. Netflix 10+ million users seem to be a strong push that silverlight doesn't suck. Disregard all the hatred of the uneducated that don't know how to use google or wikipedia.

The problem with HTML5 is right here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5#History
"as of January 2011 HTML5 is still at Working Draft stage" The expected completion date of the standard is 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.