Microsoft Updates SkyDrive With New Look, Android App

Status
Not open for further replies.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
SkyDrive is awesome, it works incredibly well on my desktop; I have 25gb storage with it for free.
They had a short time where you could get 25gb free before they switched to their new model.

SkyDrive is cheaper than GoogleDrive too by about 10 dollars per year for 100GB.

Google Drive:

100 GB
$4.99 / Month

SkyDrive:

100 GB
$50.00/year

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]SkyDrive is awesome, it works incredibly well on my desktop; I have 25gb storage with it for free.They had a short time where you could get 25gb free before they switched to their new model. SkyDrive is cheaper than GoogleDrive too by about 10 dollars per year for 100GB.Google Drive:100 GB$4.99 / MonthSkyDrive:100 GB $50.00/year[/citation]
And her folks we have a tool for the take over of our storage systems by big business and government. Eventually the plan is that you will not be able to even buy a USB HD or store anything at your house. They want all your data where they can mine it at will. Wake up fools before you loose even more freedom. Googles new stupid laptop is proof of that.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]And her folks we have a tool for the take over of our storage systems by big business and government. Eventually the plan is that you will not be able to even buy a USB HD or store anything at your house. They want all your data where they can mine it at will. Wake up fools before you loose even more freedom. Googles new stupid laptop is proof of that.[/citation]

John_4,

If you do not anything intelligent to contribute towards this article do not comment at all.

Your comment reminded me of a great quote.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]And her folks we have a tool for the take over of our storage systems by big business and government. Eventually the plan is that you will not be able to even buy a USB HD or store anything at your house. They want all your data where they can mine it at will. Wake up fools before you loose even more freedom. Googles new stupid laptop is proof of that.[/citation]
You know that Cloud storage is useful for some things, no I would not put important information on there but for smaller files that you want to be able to access at anytime that aren't important it is useful. I use it all the time for programs I use frequently on many computers that I don't want to carry around on a Flash drive. As for the no HDD thing, really just think for a minute, that will never happen unless the governments of the world are gonna destroy every single company that makes flash, mechanical or any type of storage media. I think your tin foil hat might be on a bit too tight, yes cloud companies want you to use them but no that does not mean that local storage will disappear completely.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Been using skydrive for ~6mo to sync my desktop and documents between machines and it works great. I got in during the 25GB for life deal, but I am only using ~1GB of it so far (it wants to down-scale my pics and such, so I don't put that kind of stuffs on it).

I like the new 'not metro' interface for office and the new outlook.com, but somehow I feel like something is missing on the new skydrive..

G

I used SkyDrive but... as for now... its well behind Google drive...
it's slower, less instantaneous, less user-friendly but better than dropbox ....

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

I doubt personal storage is going to go away, there are to many companies making too much money selling personal storage for it to go away. Having online storage, and more importantly online storage like SkyDrive, Google Drive, iCloud, etc is just a consumer form of online backup with real-time file access. This service has been around for years, but never were all the technologies nor the cost of storage working as it does not to package it and sell it to a consumer.

The day you see them start to remove USB ports from computers with no replacement is the day to worry about the loss of personal storage. Of course, any computer maker that did that might find it hard to buy hard drives (or solid state) drives to put in those machines to make them work, since they would get those from the same companies that make personal storage.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]John_4,If you do not anything intelligent to contribute towards this article do not comment at all.Your comment reminded me of a great quote."Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."[/citationYour story has played out through history when someone warns of pending unwanted change people like you deny and ridicule and put your heads in the sand or up in someplace else.

Status
Not open for further replies.