Microsoft Updates Windows Phone 7 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I'm sorry, this was posted today, but was it written a week ago?

Testing the process with a minor update that cannot break anything makes more sense than updating millions of devices with a major patch that can break the OS.
That is EXACTLY what happened with this first patch! Jeese, do Tom's editors even read their own site? Are we talking about a different FIRST WP7 update than the one that's been bricking phones all week?

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
It's there anything else for us to read besides, Apple, Apple, Apple articles..... Tom's Hardware seems turning into Apple's Hardware or Apple's Best Media..

retrig

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
"a good reason to release and update for the first update for Windows Phone 7"

"copy and past"

"There was no further information available what the update really does"

Seriously...

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Go get a WP7 phone Douggy, you will enjoy it ;-) There as cheap as chips too!

Just remember, yeah its cool to have a fancy UI and 1 gazillion fart apps, but use it as a phone for a week and you wont turn back.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Cellphone calls alter brain activity: study

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110223/hl_nm/us_brain_cellphones;_ylt=AvDIZJcjGXqNy4ZXS.BFimyOOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTE1a2ZlMmp1BHBvcwM0BHNlYwN5bi1jaGFubmVsBHNsawNjZWxscGhvbmVjYWw-

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
The first update just updates the updating system. Basicly, your phone tells you there is an update available, and that you have to connect your phone to zune for the update to be installed.
Phone is being rebooted, backup taken, update installed, rebooted. Done.

worked fine on my htc, but appearently samsung's a different story.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]Samsung phones usaully last for the warranty period only anyway...[/citation]
You must've confused samsung and alcatel or sony ? well in fact sony will likely break before the warranty has expired, but still ....

Status
Not open for further replies.