Microsoft: We're Not Launching a New Xbox Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
yes, they're gonna integrate natal into the 360 and sell it for $50 more even though the consumer doesn't need it. Oh, but to buy it seperate, you have to pay an additional $150. i still can't believe their 120 gb is close to 1$/gb... ssd's are gonna get cheaper faster than that garbage

Don't forget, it's going to come equipped with the newer, updated e84 error.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]yes, they're gonna integrate natal into the 360 and sell it for $50 more even though the consumer doesn't need it. Oh, but to buy it seperate, you have to pay an additional $150. i still can't believe their 120 gb is close to 1$/gb... ssd's are gonna get cheaper faster than that garbage[/citation]
Wholeheartedly agree.

It would put them in direct competition with the Wii which will be at the same pricepoint (since an arcade is @ $200, add $50-$80 and you're at $270 with the Wii but with added HD capabilities). I'd wager you'll see a price-drop on the Wii when this happens or is close to happening. Very very smart on Microsoft's behalf.

I truly commended Sony for adapting to industry standards (2.5HDD, USB, SD/CF/Sony memory, Bluetooth headset support, etc) as it saves the consumer money but of course compromises the additional cash they usually get from making the peripherals themselves. Unfortunately, Sony did a lot of other things wrong (or that it could have done better) which is why where they are now in the console market. I can't believe MS is still selling HDDs at $100+ for such minuscule configurations, but hey, they seem to make money off of them so why would they stop.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]Don't forget, it's going to come equipped with the newer, updated e84 error.[/citation]
Hey maybe this time the 2 lenses in the Natal camera will light up red and form a smiley face with 2 red lights on the 360.
(I'm kidding of course, don't take it seriously)

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]I'd like to see how the ATI X1950 is going to fare in new games 5 years from now[/citation]

The same way the pitiful graphics chip in the original xbox fared 3 years ago... not well compared to computers. That's the whole argument for PC gaming...

Horhe

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2008
Look at the bright side: if you dont't get a bigger monitor, in 5 years your current high-end graphic card will still be high-end, because no one will make a game with uber graphics that run only on PCs.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Xbox should stick with a 5 year lifecycle. The 360 is already outdated.

Honestly I want new hardware immediately. I get super irritated when playing games like GTA3 with it's 20FPS garbage framerate. I want a faster system. The 360 isn't powerful enough anymore. Heck I'd pay $700 for a system than ran every game I have at 120FPS. I HATE LOW FRAMERATES!

We will have 2160p at 120 or 240fps, that's when we'll see the next xbox.

The 360 is already outdated!

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
The 360 is not outdated because most game developers would rather make console games then PC games.

Doesn't matter how much more powerful a PC is when game developers are focused on easy-money and less pirating (aka Console games)

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]Xbox should stick with a 5 year lifecycle. The 360 is already outdated.Honestly I want new hardware immediately. I get super irritated when playing games like GTA3 with it's 20FPS garbage framerate. I want a faster system. The 360 isn't powerful enough anymore. Heck I'd pay $700 for a system than ran every game I have at 120FPS. I HATE LOW FRAMERATES!We will have 2160p at 120 or 240fps, that's when we'll see the next xbox.The 360 is already outdated![/citation]

lmfao gta 3 at 20fps?
GTA IV BOTTOMS AT LIKE 8!! and for some reason, console gamers consider that 'buttery smooth'..i remember when they reviewd gta iv and said 'it never slows down or lags'....BULLLLSHITTTT, i've seen it in action, its a disaster, it maxes at like 30fps, and avg's around 25.

NyRoc

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
hey look at it this way. if MS cant make money off selling you consoles and games, they can make money allowing the government to spy on you using the built in camera and mic.. the more integrated your life gets the easier it is for the man to keep tabs on you..

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Someones gonna release a new console before the 360's "lifecycle" is up. Then microsoft will be pissing themselves, seeing how much the technology has improved since the 360's release date

G

MS will release a console, before the 360 life cycle ends. They are not stupid nor is Sony. This 10 year crap is just smoke and mirrors.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Drkstrider[/nom]MS will release a console, before the 360 life cycle ends. They are not stupid nor is Sony. This 10 year crap is just smoke and mirrors.[/citation]

The 10 year life cycle doesn't mean that ONLY after those 10 years pass they will release something new. Look at the PS2 ... it's in the 9th year i believe and the PS3 was launched .. 3 years ago. So MS actually said nothing. Expect a new xbox around 2011 or 2012

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]NyRoc[/nom]hey look at it this way. if MS cant make money off selling you consoles and games, they can make money allowing the government to spy on you using the built in camera and mic.. the more integrated your life gets the easier it is for the man to keep tabs on you..[/citation]

Lol, hey nutcase, the government is spying on you right! better get off the interwebs lulz!!!!

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Someones gonna release a new console before the 360's "lifecycle" is up. Then microsoft will be pissing themselves, seeing how much the technology has improved since the 360's release date[/citation]

Like who? Sony? Nope they still are losing money from the PS3, Nintendo? lol not until they find another fancy gimmick to use to sell a horrible underpowered console.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]Like who? Sony? Nope they still are losing money from the PS3, Nintendo? lol not until they find another fancy gimmick to use to sell a horrible underpowered console.[/citation]

Well Asus, or Acer is said to be entering the market soon. Sony could do a refresh just to pull ahead of microsoft in 2-3 years. And don't forget that microsoft is losing money on the 360 that same as sony

maddogoo9

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Well Asus, or Acer is said to be entering the market soon. Sony could do a refresh just to pull ahead of microsoft in 2-3 years. And don't forget that microsoft is losing money on the 360 that same as sony[/citation]
but xbox has the bigest game avg per user atm with 9ish gamrs i think. (other then ps2 witch im sure is more)

Status
Not open for further replies.