Microsoft Windows Store Now Boasts 120,000 Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]Pinhedd[/nom]Of the 700,000 apps on the Apple app store approximately 700 are worth looking at. Quality is much more important than Quantity[/citation]
you took my words from my mouth and I bet MS has a good dozen to 15 apps worth buying.

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
That's a huge leap from what it was just a few weeks ago. That's more than enough apps for a successful Win 8 tablet and phone launch. Hopefully there are good quality apps in that list.

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
A lot of the apps in the windows store are junk. Even apps that are supposed to be good, Like TuneIn for instance don't even work. There's a lot of half baked shit out there. I wonder what there policy is on releasing apps. Similar to Apples? Probably not.

Saying that though there are some gems, but I can probably count them all on 2 hands......

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]kryzzay[/nom]A lot of the apps in the windows store are junk. Even apps that are supposed to be good, Like TuneIn for instance don't even work. There's a lot of half baked shit out there. I wonder what there policy is on releasing apps. Similar to Apples? Probably not.Saying that though there are some gems, but I can probably count them all on 2 hands......[/citation]
Keep in mind, some of the apps seem half baked, because they are. In time, some of those apps will be updated, but time will tell.

G

lol

119,999 apps called fix start button version's 1 to 119,999

^_^

SGTgimpy

Honorable
May 14, 2012
[citation][nom]jumper900[/nom]lol119,999 apps called fix start button version's 1 to 119,999^_^[/citation]

No that app is right here. So stop bitching about and move on. That complaint is getting really old.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

G

>sgtgimpy
>No that app is right here. So stop bitching about and move on. That complaint is getting really old.
>
>http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Yes that is Start button fix number 17,883
And a good Joke never gets old.. I am sure yo will get over it.
perhaps not.. lol

SGTgimpy

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Actually I find the joke on you since you still haven't figured how to use Windows 8 without a little button to get around.

I tested it on some of my dumbest users in an enterprise environment and they figured it out in less than 15 minutes. These are also the same users that can't read the front of the printer telling them it's out of paper.

So you might want to rethink what is and what isn't a joke.

G

>sgtgimpy
>Actually I find the joke on you since you still haven't figured how to use Windows 8 without a >little button to get around.
>
>I tested it on some of my dumbest users in an enterprise environment and they figured it out >in less than 15 minutes. These are also the same users that can't read the front of the >printer telling them it's out of paper.
>
>So you might want to rethink what is and what isn't a joke.

Lol
I love Noobs.
This is funny to see your guess as to what O/S('s) I use, or even what I know about windows.
And it is sad to see you still have not gotten over my joke yet... ^_^

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
releasing 119000 copies of minesweeper does not count.

Microsoft also needs to get rid of their licensing fee or windows RT, people lsre mostly looking for low cost tablets in the $200 range that offer good specs. This is easier to do with android because the cost of the OS is not much, but microsoft wants like $30 for theirs which significantly impacts the prices that tablets can be offered at, it also limit the number of companies that will make windows based tablets as compared to android.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
FFS, Ive been so over the whole start menu thing for a while now. After using Windows 8 for a little bit, Ive come to realize it is actually pretty damn good, overall. Dont get me wrong, I was mad about it when I first heard about it being taken away at the beginning of the year, only to forget all about it after I actually used the damn OS for more than 5 minutes. Seriously, if you refuse to adapt and learn to use something a little different, just stick with 7 or whatever older version you still use, and get out of the way for the rest of us that are willing to adapt, or just use one of the stupid start menu replacements out there. Anyway, at this rate, its getting a little sad and pathetic that people are still whining about it. And usually the most vocal of them havent even bothered to use the damn thing.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]you took my words from my mouth and I bet MS has a good dozen to 15 apps worth buying.[/citation]
The rest are more or less copycats of these same 15 apps...or variations of AngryBirds or other games.

Really, I'm just about willing to bet that there's nothing a DROID can't do that an iPhone can do, when you take into consideration things that are actually useful in life. Windows Phones might already be there, too but I don't have one so I can't vouch.

I hope at least 1 of these 120k apps puts a Start button on the Desktop.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]releasing 119000 copies of minesweeper does not count. Microsoft also needs to get rid of their licensing fee or windows RT, people lsre mostly looking for low cost tablets in the $200 range that offer good specs. This is easier to do with android because the cost of the OS is not much, but microsoft wants like $30 for theirs which significantly impacts the prices that tablets can be offered at, it also limit the number of companies that will make windows based tablets as compared to android.[/citation]
... why? I mean, it is $30. Even for an OEM that is pretty cheap. They may not get down into the $200 level, but they could easily make some $250-300 level products. I don't think MS wants their OS on a sub $400 product in the first place. If they learned anything over the last 10 years it is that cheap crap hurts the overall brand. Having a decent entry price to enter the market makes the product more desirable, keeps profits up, and attracts better hardware partners. Yes, they will loose a few sales to the walmart crowd, but it will be a lot less sales lost than they had pre winRT, and the walmart crowd will look at the RT products as the hot items that they want and will eventually save up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.