Microsoft's Photosynth Crashes on Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
LOL: With Firefox 3 on Ubuntu I get the following error:

"Unfortunately, we're not cool enough to run on your OS yet. We really wish we had a version of Photosynth that worked cross platform, but for now it only runs on Windows."

I'm sure they really wished it did work on Linux. :D

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
w2g jhansonxi!

Microsoft humility at its finest (only?).
Also, note Microsoft's current inability to implement the "cloud computing" (read: mainframe) application form factor.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Ok? I dont see the big deal. They setup something to handle tons of traffic only it was way more populer then they expected and crashed. It happens so what?

I realise people wish to mindlessly bash microsoft because they do things people dont like but jesus christ. Name a company that doesnt! Dont like MS? get over it do what the first poster did and dont use it and let it go.

G

Nice title. Way to mislead the public with crap journalism ethics. And why the hell would MS be interested in mainframe computing? Makes no sense as the market for that probably accounts for 0.1% of the computing industry. This is just another case of poor journalism feeding misconceptions. WTF is going on with THG. I have read 5 articles today with poor grammar and sentence structure. FIRE THE EDITOR imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.