Microsoft's Super-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
everything is about being ultra thin these days. i mean dont get me wrong its nice but it shouldn't be main selling point of the product.

ca87

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]everything is about being ultra thin these days. i mean dont get me wrong its nice but it shouldn't be main selling point of the product.[/citation]
I think what they're trying to say is "thin" looks sexy. like u know, the slim tiny ladies? /roll eye.
so me being fat is ugly???

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
If it's sturdy(er) than the mx 5000 I may get it, that keyboard's a bit too large and I don't need the LCD, though it's lasted the last four years in great condition considering how many times the kids drop it. :)

ca87

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
forgot to say that i hate thin becos there's no space to stick the goodies in? Fat is fleshy and can take a lot of stuff! he guys don't misinterpret me please.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Too expensive. My keyboard+mouse (wireless laser) only costed me $30 including shipping. What's the benefit of being thin? space saving? I don't think so.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
God forgive me for what I am about to say, but when it comes to thin keyboards, there are none greater than Apple's. *gasps in pain at the statement* It is one of the all time best keyboards on the market, and blows this and the edge out of the water.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I also think I prefer a larger keyboard. I have an original Saitek Eclipse that I now use at work and love mostly, expect for wishing that the keys were heavier and metal. I have a Saitek cyborg at home and love that too for the most part, and that was only $70 new with a lot of cool feature that this one lacks...WTF Microsoft?

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Guess I should of expected a -1 for a pro Apple comment, oh well.

I agree with Major7Up another keyboard I love is the Saitek Eclipse II (the Eclipse I had some firmware corruption problems). I am also partial to the Logitech EX 110 for those on a budget, though that mouse was a POS, but for the price you can't complain. The G15 was always a bit overpriced and tacky for my but the G11 looks great.

I still stand by the Apple keyboard as one of the few great products they produce, actually it might be the only one.

G

LOL. I will miss my chance to bash the keyboard against the monitor due to sheer fragility!

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Why can't these keyboard manufactures come out with just a standard and natural back lit with blue tooth.

I have 3 keyboards to replace and these are my priorities:

1. Normal Form Factor
2. Back lit
3. Blue tooth

and so far Microsoft, and Logitech are not with the program

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
This an April fool article right? What possible difference could it make that a keyboard is thin? What's next? A thin mouse? Thin packaging material for the next Window release? How about Kujawski, "design tenets," "really set the stage," "sophisticated keyboard," "pairs perfectly." What, did he get high before the interview? This is not hardware news. Send the article to Architecture Digect next time.

Daneel

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
yeah, it could be good if it a) wasn't curved, b) was a normal keyboard c) had a variable backlight and d) had media keys with a pot for the volume control instead of buttons.

so.. the G11 with the cordless mx duo volume dial and bluetooth anyone?

Why have the decent keyboard manufacturers lost the plot these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.