pwcopy

Great
Oct 9, 2021
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
MacBook Pro (13 in. Mid 2012)
2.5 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
512 GB SSD
When replying to this thread, please don't assume I have any knowledge of what you're talking about. For example, you may reply, "Do (procedure)," or "Did you try (procedure)?" Unless the procedure is
• reboot router, • reboot laptop, or
• check internet connection in System Preferences, the answer will be, "No," because I won't know what the procedure is or how to perform it. So I need not only its name, but how to navigate to it on my Mac and any other steps you might deem important. Thank you for your patience & understanding.

Yesterday I closed a bunch of windows on my desktop, one of which was a Systems Preferences window asking me if I wanted to save changes. I clicked yes, and now I can't surf the Internet. I don't remember which preference window it was. The problem is identical across Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. I can get to the Yahoo and Google home pages, but nowhere else. If I type a URL like autoblog.com, all browsers reply, "This site can't be reached." I know my home Wi-Fi works because the Mac tells me it's connected to it, and I'm using it to send this message via my phone. Many thanks for your help.

Additional weirdness: I hooked the laptop up to my phone Wi-Fi hotspot and now am using the laptop to edit my original post. I can now also get to some sites I couldn't reach before, but others still "can't be reached.

Last edited:

pwcopy

Great
Oct 9, 2021
Hello, After analyzing your issues, i've come to an end that you must try to update your drivers.
Is this some kind of computer geek humor? The first line of my post indicates that I know little to nothing about the inner workings of a MacBook Pro. A later line requests step by step instructions on how to complete suggested fixes. In other words, your answer means nothing to me.

pwcopy

Great
Oct 9, 2021
Another forum gave me exactly what I asked for and my Internet capabilities are back to normal. Glad some people know how to read and are willing to help. Just not here.