Mid-Range Laptop Recommendation (All Questions)

Limbothefirst

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
1. What is your budget?

# 600-1000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

# Size is not an issue. Don't care if it's big and heavy. From what I understand the slim designs cost more because they're slim and I suspect heat might be more of an issue too.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

# 1280 x 800, give or take, but larger the better. (Is that a screen resolution or something else?)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

# It's going to be sitting in the same place most of the time.

5. How much battery life do you need?

# Few hours at most.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

# Yes, I'd like to play the latest games smoothly, even if on low settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

# Nope.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

# 250GB to 500Gb is fine.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

# Nope, I'm all open. I'm traveling to Thailand and am hoping to find something cheaper there.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

# A long, long time. As long as I can, so something well built and durable. It's also hot where I am so I'll need something that can handle a bit of heat, good cooling and such.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Bluray ROM/Writer, Etc?

# Just something basic for installing programs and such.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

# Not a Mac, I hate OSX. Also from what understand they're more expensive for the hardware you're getting. Other than that I'm open to anything.

13. What country do you live in?

# Australia.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

# I'll be using windows eight or ten. My main priority is getting the best hardware for my buck, GPU and CUP. I do a lot of typing so a comfortable key board would be nice. I don't care about how it looks, as I said before I just want the most powerful Laptop I can afford.

I've been using a Latitude E5500, so if I can run most things well even at very low settings I will be in tears of joy. I would like some advise as to what kind of specs I should be most concerned about when shopping, from what I understand the GPU, CPU are the main things, and at least four gigs of ram. In terms of cooling is there anything I should look for?

Thank you.

Thanks.