Solved! Milk spilled on Ideapad Y560

JimTech_96

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I recently spilled milk on my Y560 and have taken all the precautions of shutting it down and removing the battery. It was not a lot like 2 tablespoons that mostly sat on the surface between the keyboard and the left and right click buttons. I removed some keys from the keyboard to assess the damage and it doesnt appear wet just a little bit sticky but the left and right click buttons clearly have some milk underneath them.

I dont want to turn it back on until the left and right clickers are properly cleaned. My question is how do I remove them and are there any other precautions I should take. I would have already take off the keyboard entirely except that I cant find the screw holding it. Its drying still and I dont believe there was enough to get past the keyboard to the motherboard but I still need to get underneath those keys.

Solution
Go to an electronics supply store and get some aerosol circuit board cleaner. Mask the keycaps and other plastic parts likely to get sprayed. The cleaner will evaporate quickly. Good luck.

ram1009

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Go to an electronics supply store and get some aerosol circuit board cleaner. Mask the keycaps and other plastic parts likely to get sprayed. The cleaner will evaporate quickly. Good luck.

Solution