Minecraft Creator TIME's Most Influential Person of 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ1217

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Don't really know anything about this TIME Top 100 list, but isn't this a bit late? He should've gotten it in 2010, the hype for minecraft is really over now in 2013.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I understand about the game being old, but here's how it was in school for the kids and me (target of the game). I played the game and thought it was awesome back in alpha, but very few kids played it. They would make fun of me saying that the graphics sucked(which was ironic because they played on the xbox360 at the time it came out) and that it was boring. All they ever did was play CoD and crap. Now, many kids play it , indluding the "popular" crowd and the kids that thought it was dumb now think it is cool(making the general player crowd in Minecraft slightly stupider.)

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
I understand about the game being old, but here's how it was in school for the kids and me (target of the game). I played the game and thought it was awesome back in alpha, but very few kids played it. They would make fun of me saying that the graphics sucked(which was ironic because they played on the xbox360 at the time it came out) and that it was boring. All they ever did was play CoD and crap. Now, many kids play it , indluding the "popular" crowd and the kids that thought it was dumb now think it is cool(making the general player crowd in Minecraft slightly stupider.)

emma123moore1

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Here is how I am making 85$ an hour... After been without work for 6 months, I started freelancing over this website and now I couldn't be happier. After 3 months on my new job my monthly income is around 15k a month... Cause someone helped me telling me about this job now I am going to help somebody else... Check it out for yourself >>>>>>>>>>>>> www.Wow72.com

thizzle7xu

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
They will pick Morsi because it's the politically correct "sexy" choice since he is a figurehead of the Muslim religion. And the US media is still in "don't make Muslims feel bad" mode since 9/11.

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
I voted for Notch, granted he should've been in a previous years poll. I think it goes beyond Minecrafts popularity, it shows that you don't need to be an AAA studio to have a great product, and really opened up the Indie scene to people.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I am interested in reading the Time article just to see what they say about KimDotCom. As for voting Notch most influential person of the year, i'm not really sure he fit's the bill, but Kudos to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.