Minecraft low fps r9 290 + Fx8320

hoboslayer546

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
I have not had this problem before, at first I was getting around 175-300 fps in Minecraft. I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, I just re-installed windows 8.1 on my system, and now that I play Minecraft I'm lucky to get even 45 fps while walking. I have no idea what happened or what might have caused this. Im running Java 1.7.0_67, could it be Java?? IDK guys help me

Solution
Well, I can tell you that Minecraft, and indeed Java, are not exactly optimized. Minecraft is poorly coded, and java was not meant to run a game like Minecraft. Make sure to download the AMD driver for the r9 2xx, it probably was lost when you reinstalled windows.
-A fellow r9 290 owner.

qwazwaz

Estimable
May 27, 2014
Well, I can tell you that Minecraft, and indeed Java, are not exactly optimized. Minecraft is poorly coded, and java was not meant to run a game like Minecraft. Make sure to download the AMD driver for the r9 2xx, it probably was lost when you reinstalled windows.
-A fellow r9 290 owner.

Solution

hoboslayer546

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014

Thanks for the feedback. And how exactly do I do that though. I just recently switched on over from console just over a month ago and am still getting used to these things. I have AMD Catalyst 14.7. I can't remember if youre supposed to download something else with it like the GPU driver or is that supposed to be it?