Mini-DV Video Camera

Cody_7

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
Hello all,

I have a few questions about a Mini-DV video camera i have. Since the "digital cameras" section is the closest, i'll post my question here.

I make alot of videos with my Sony handycam, and i'm trying to import the videos onto my PC with the highest quality possible. The camera captures the video in wonderful quality, but looks like CRAP on the PC. First of all, with Windows Movie Maker the recommended capture resolution is 320x240 - and it makes me sick because that's the resolution of my PDA's screen.

If i select the high quality option, in 640x480 resolution, it looks like i took a tiny picture and saved it in lowest quality JPG format possible. Is there something i'm missing?

Is there a program that will import video in something decent quality? I'm tired of video on the PC looking so bad.

-Thanks.

AMD Athlon 3400+ 64-Bit processor
1GB of pc3200 RAM
ATi Radeon X800 XL Video Card
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

RichPLS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
Need to use the firewire cable to transfer high resolution video from camera to PC, the SVideo only copies at a lower resolution.
Also, years back, Sony's capture software had a bug with the early versions, if using their transfer program it would pick a lower res also, patch fixed it from Sony.