Miocrosoft windows xp version 2002 intel pentium processor

fran654

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I need to get on the internet ..I have Fios wireless. how do I do this? does it need an ethernet cord? I also need to find a manuel ..please help...Fran my email is Fran654@msn.com

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hello Fran. We will need more details in order to assist you. Can you give us your laptop make and model? From there we can see if the laptop has a built in wi-fi adapter. If it does not, you'll need to buy one. They are fairly cheap these days.

fran654

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
HI..and thanks for responding...My laptop is a DEll Latitude Model PPX Latitude C Family Ref number 99080 IC Class B ICES-3 ,, thank u so much for assisting me...Fran

phyco126

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Whew. That is one old laptop. To answer your question, the laptop does not have a wireless connection built in. As such, you'll have to use your ethernet cord to plug the laptop in either directly from the modem, or if you have it connected to a router, from the router.

However, there may or may not be an ethernet port on the laptop. I cannot find a service manual, or really any manual that lays out the technical specifications of the laptop that would mention this. Other specifications that I was able to locate, failed to mention any network type connections.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 3
A Laptop Tech Support 0
J Laptop Tech Support 18
A Laptop Tech Support 3
TypicalOven Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0
Navneet Gautam Laptop Tech Support 1
TypicalOven Laptop Tech Support 6
G Laptop Tech Support 1