Missing Boy Found on Facebook 25 Years Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
That is pretty awesome, I ran into a lot of people I have not seen for over 12 years on facebook as well but nothing this significant.

cerulean

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Great story. I guess facebook is good for something other than a time sink.

Minor detail, though: the story says he was 3 when he disappeared, had been missing for 25 years and is now 30. According to my math he should have either been 5 when he was missing, had been missing for 27 years or is now 28 (or some variation of the three) ;P

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]cerulean[/nom]Great story. I guess facebook is good for something other than a time sink.[/citation]

That's what you think... turns out he's been doing nothing for the past 25 years but going through his friends list hitting "poke" and tagging himself on every image he can find.

bootleghooch

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
[citation][nom]cerulean[/nom]Great story. I guess facebook is good for something other than a time sink.Minor detail, though: the story says he was 3 when he disappeared, had been missing for 25 years and is now 30. According to my math he should have either been 5 when he was missing, had been missing for 27 years or is now 28 (or some variation of the three) ;P[/citation]

The actual article from The Guardian says nothing about missing for 25 years. If he was 3 in 1982, then he was born in 1979, and he is now 30. Seems that's where the error's at.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bootleghooch[/nom]The actual article from The Guardian says nothing about missing for 25 years. If he was 3 in 1982, then he was born in 1979, and he is now 30. Seems that's where the error's at.[/citation]

I did some poking around and depending on which publication, it jumps between 25 years and 27 years. That said, in the title of the Guardian piece it says 25 years. :)

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]dragonfang18[/nom]He probably stayed for a hot chick...[/citation]

Even if he were sexually developed at 3, its unlikely that he would have gotten over the "cooties" factor.

Maybe Hungary is just hungry for children like some pedophilic cannibal.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
[citation][nom]norbs[/nom]That is pretty awesome, I ran into a lot of people I have not seen for over 12 years on facebook as well but nothing this significant.[/citation]
I did too. But I'm slowly converting my bio into a pseudo alter ego. My friends know who I really am. I don't need to write my actual address, telephone number, upload photos of what i did last weekend, etc..

Basically turning it into a fancy address book.

I really don't like the idea of how much personal info facebook holds.

trkorecky

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
So let me get this straight...

At the age of three, this kid decides to go on a weekend holiday and left his mother to fly by himself to Hungary and visit his dad? Does everyone let their three year old child fly to another continent by him/herself?

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]m3kt3k[/nom]I almost feel bad all for all my facebook smashing..Almost.[/citation]
Aren't you supposed to be playing WoW?

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]cruiseoveride[/nom]I did too. But I'm slowly converting my bio into a pseudo alter ego. My friends know who I really am. I don't need to write my actual address, telephone number, upload photos of what i did last weekend, etc..Basically turning it into a fancy address book. I really don't like the idea of how much personal info facebook holds.[/citation]

The information you put is all optional, they have security trimming to the point that only friends of friends can read each others posts. I find it great way of meeting people, some situations it's not really appropriate to ask someone for their phone number or you just don't know em enough, it's a lot more casual to ask if they have a facebook. Then at least you don't lose out on an opportunity to meet someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.