Missing Operating System. DST Short Test Not Applicable

showrya

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
I use DELL INSPIRON N4010 Laptop with Windows 7
Actually, few days back i got

'PXE Cable not Found
Opertaing System Not Found' Message, then i have restarted my system for many times and it got started. Day before yestrday, i got a blue screen and my system got shut-down, tried restarting it. but the same continued.

i ran diagnostics and it shows the DST SHORT TEST Not Applicable
i tried to repair it using a windows CD , then am getting an error of "Missing Operating System"

Please Help.

Solution
Sounds like a possible hardware failure. Power the system on and access your BIOS (press F2). Locate and disable your on-board ethernet adapter. Save and try restarting the system normally.

Also, your boot settings seem to be trying to boot from the network, this could indicate a HDD failure as well. While in your BIOS, check those settings (boot order/devices).

Please share the results. Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like a possible hardware failure. Power the system on and access your BIOS (press F2). Locate and disable your on-board ethernet adapter. Save and try restarting the system normally.

Also, your boot settings seem to be trying to boot from the network, this could indicate a HDD failure as well. While in your BIOS, check those settings (boot order/devices).

Please share the results. Good luck!

Solution