mitsubishi dlp wd-73734 green timer light blinking and no picture

1972 gs

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
just want to know if someone has had the same problem the tv powers up and I can here the fans running and on the back of the set I can see the lamp on but I have no picture or sound if anyone can help i would appreciate it just want to know what it could be so i can replace it thx joe

Solution
this sounds like the problem: Mitsubishi has a complete rebuild of the entire block in the V26 chassis. It involves close to 100 capacitors they've pinpointed as problematic. The cost is $300, turntime is around 60-65 days. You have to call the Mits parts department, they'll send you a shipping box. I'm pretty sure it's only available to those with a Mits account.

Basically it is a capacitor problem
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/24176/mitsubishi-dlp-tv-blinking-timer-light-problem

te100

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
this sounds like the problem: Mitsubishi has a complete rebuild of the entire block in the V26 chassis. It involves close to 100 capacitors they've pinpointed as problematic. The cost is $300, turntime is around 60-65 days. You have to call the Mits parts department, they'll send you a shipping box. I'm pretty sure it's only available to those with a Mits account.

Basically it is a capacitor problem
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/24176/mitsubishi-dlp-tv-blinking-timer-light-problem

Solution

1972 gs

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
So you don't think its some thing other then the capacitor I looked at all of them and no damage that I can see no bulging on any of them. The tv is on and the lamp is on I turn the lights off in the room and you can see a black screen with white spot but no sound no menu. thanks for all your trouble

ghuaimaed

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
The tv is on and the lamp is on I turn the lights off in the room and you can see a black screen with white spot but no sound no menu. thanks for all your trouble
tu8UA1