Mitsubishi TV Model WD-73733 White Dots

Sherrex8

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Does anyone have information about this model and its issue with multiplying white dots? I spoke with a CSR who told me that they replaced the malfunctioning part, but that their "obligation in the state of California" expired 4 years ago, which I'm sure she's been isntructed to respond with, but to me, this seriously sounds like a recall item for faulty part. I refuse to pay for additional service, let alone the labor fees for an outside contractor to fix the issue. I have read posts on a possible class action suit for a different model. Their answers are simply unacceptable. I'm writing on behalf of my retired mother who is now left with a screen with rapidly increasing white dots that Mitsubishi refuses to take responsibility for.

WD-73733 Model
107122 Serial
Purchased 2007
Best Buy

Solution
It's 10 years old. I'm not quite sure what response you're expecting from Mitsubishi. It is long out of warranty. California or elsewhere.

Additionally, it is a DLP. Far more power hungry than any new LCD screen of comparable size.
Look into something new. Your moms electric bill will love you.

USAFRet

Illustrious
It's 10 years old. I'm not quite sure what response you're expecting from Mitsubishi. It is long out of warranty. California or elsewhere.

Additionally, it is a DLP. Far more power hungry than any new LCD screen of comparable size.
Look into something new. Your moms electric bill will love you.

Solution