MMS for iPhone Rollout Comes Two Weeks Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchy

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004
About time! If using MMS gets really popular, I wonder how that's going to further affect the AT&T bandwidth issues with 3G phones.

lance6270

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Must be the area because I have the 3.1 and running 5.0 and nothing here in the Dallas, TX area, or at least for me.

_SirO_

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
I've been sending MMS for over 6 years now (not with iphone), what the *** is going on in the states? MMS is such a basic feature.......

G

I live in the Dayton area of Ohio. I just checked for updates last night, I have AT&T 5.0 and firmware 3.1(.1), and have restarted my phone. No option to send mms for pictures, or to enable it in the settings menu. Perhaps I am not lucky, or the feature has not rolled out in my area.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Off Subject. I figured its Monday...and need some laughs. Here's a repost of my iPhone "Red Neck" Jokes..

Apple Redneck:

If you use an iPhone and ask for an upgrade jPhone - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you join the army in hopes to use the iPhone as a land mine in the MidEast - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you use an iPhone to threaten or have your first cousin girlfriend sign contracts not to do a paternity test of her unborn child - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you buy two iPhones hoping to add them to your two eyes, so that when you are drunk, your first cousin girlfriend looks prettier - you are an Apple Redneck.

What do you call a person with two iPhones - a four-eyed Apple Redneck

If you brought a bag full of iPhones to light up during the 4th of July - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you took a picture of your naked first cousin girlfriend with your iPhone - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you send an packaged iPhone with your name and return adress to your local Sheriff's office, with a letter threatening to release your Dad/Uncle or you'll blow the Sheriff's office to peices - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you think since you have an iPhone now, you should leave your first cousin girlfriend and date Paris Hilton, or Megan Foxx, or Heidi Klumm, or Rosie O'Donald - you are an Apple Redneck.

If you answer your iPhone with "Fire in the Hole!" - you are an Apple Redneck. (I was going to use this with the "first cousin girlfriend" refernce...but thought it may be too vulgar for some of you young bucks. *nudge nudge*...*wink wink*)

If you work for MS and went to an MS company meeting touting the pictures of you and Steve Jobs getting naked together on your iPhone - you are an Apple Redneck.

I shall conjur more....

Next up MS "Red Neck" Jokes....Later

Signed:
Lazy Fat American

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]Nope, nothin for me either. At least we are finally getting it. I was sending picture messages in high school....[/citation]
None of us are going to know when you went to high school, Ted.

Grats to AT&T for setting a late date and then beating it so they can play games with words and say they rolled it out early, even though the truth would be they are years behind the competition in that area.

SinisterMessiah

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Hey bravo AT&T. I'm glad you are bringing us this awesome new technology 2 weeks early. You are very gracious and kind. AT&T really doesn't get enough credit for being a top notch, customer oriented company.

/sarcasm

G

I have all the latest software, but, I do NOT have an option on my iPhone to attach and send a pic as MMS. Don't blame AT&T, when its OBVIOUSLY Apple's fault so far. And, this shows how really full of cr*p Apple really is. They brag and brag about being "cutting edge", when they cant even make a phone to send a pix msg!! That is so far beyond lame that words fail me. Steve Jobs, are you listening??? You should be ashamed that your vaunted iPhone cannot even do what one of those free Samsung cr*p phones you get for signing up can do. This is WHY Microsoft continues to kick your a**, as bad as they are at times. Because even they wouldn't be THIS lame....

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]whatexitru[/nom]I have all the latest software, but, I do NOT have an option on my iPhone to attach and send a pic as MMS. Don't blame AT&T, when its OBVIOUSLY Apple's fault so far. And, this shows how really full of cr*p Apple really is. They brag and brag about being "cutting edge", when they cant even make a phone to send a pix msg!! That is so far beyond lame that words fail me. Steve Jobs, are you listening??? You should be ashamed that your vaunted iPhone cannot even do what one of those free Samsung cr*p phones you get for signing up can do. This is WHY Microsoft continues to kick your a**, as bad as they are at times. Because even they wouldn't be THIS lame....[/citation]

How is it Apple's fault when most phone networks have allowed MMS on their iPhones from the day Apple enabled it. I've been able to send picture messages on O2 in the UK for many months now. When I go to send a message there is a little round camera button next to the text entry box. If I click on that it gives me the options to "Take Photo or Video", "Choose Existing" or "Cancel". It has worked like a charm since about early/mid-June.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Platypus[/nom]None of us are going to know when you went to high school, Ted.Grats to AT&T for setting a late date and then beating it so they can play games with words and say they rolled it out early, even though the truth would be they are years behind the competition in that area.[/citation]
I had to give you a thumbs up for that one. That was a fail on my part ;)

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
@ r3t4rd: Don't quit your day job...if writing jokes is your day job, you're screwed or your audience is extremely retarded.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Titanius[/nom]@ r3t4rd: Don't quit your day job...if writing jokes is your day job, you're screwed or your audience is extremely retarded.[/citation]

I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.