Mobile Firefox "Fennec" Beta Goes Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
@Frozenlead: The Awesome bar is something that Firefox 3 users will have seen before. It's also known as the Smart Location Bar. It's basically a way for you to get back to a page you've been on before without having to bookmark it. It works sort of like Google's suggestions for search. As you type, the Awesome bar searches for that text (including keywords associated with it) in the addresses/names of pages and sites that you've already been on and throws them all up. A lot of people will search for something, hit a link and not remember the site. When they try and go back, they end up Googling the same thing they did last time, just to arrive at the same page they were on. Not exactly favourable when you're trying to eliminate as much typing as possible!

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Version 9 of Opera mobile is not something im looking forward to, it starts pages zoomed out so i have to smudge my screen or waste time taking out my stylus to zoom in.Opera mobile 8.65 has its issues but at least i can browse to and navigate pages without using a stylus, this touch centric age were getting into is just a nice fad,not practical in the long run.Anyway im really looking forward to what Mozilla is doing ,but again this touchy feely UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.