Solved! Mobile GPUs - MSI GE73 Raider

Nov 10, 2018
Hey Guys,

I'm about pulling the trigger on a new laptop (main focus: playing WoW, DotA,D3 and PoE).

Here is my problem, I am stuck between the 1060 and 1070 GPU. Performance-wise both should handle the games mentioned above with ease.

I prefer a more quiet laptop - does a 1070 be significantly hotter and there for louder then the 1060 ?

Greetz Eradi

Solution
You can't upgrade the hardware in laptops past RAM and the disk, so if you can afford a 1070, get a 1070 since you can run games smoother, at higher settings and also you will be OK when newer games come out. Heat and noise can depend on the system, if you do a web search for heat in gaming laptops there is an article about it when they tested 10 or so systems for heat.
You can't upgrade the hardware in laptops past RAM and the disk, so if you can afford a 1070, get a 1070 since you can run games smoother, at higher settings and also you will be OK when newer games come out. Heat and noise can depend on the system, if you do a web search for heat in gaming laptops there is an article about it when they tested 10 or so systems for heat.

Solution