Mobile phone won't charge the battery after the phone reaches 0%

Mathias Hauergryn

Estimable
May 7, 2014
Hi.
I've got a problem with my phone, since it came in the washing machine (I put it in some dry rice for 48 hours and it worked with another battery).

Now when the phone reaches 0% and it don't get into the charger withing ~3 hours after, it won't charge the battery.

If I take the battery out and place in my mothers phone (which is the same as mine; Samsung Galaxy S2), her phone will charge the battery. But its a bit complicated and I need to charge my battery to 10% on her phone, before my phone will charge it.

Is there a way to fix that the phone won't charge batteries when it has reached 0%?

Mathias Hauergryn

Estimable
May 7, 2014

I don't think you get the issue. My phone works great and its over a year since it was in the washing machine, but when the phone goes out because it needs power, I can't charge it up again. When I plug it in, nothing happens (There is no picture of a battery and it doesn't get hot).

So when this happens, I need to take the battery out, charge it up a bit on another phone so the battery gets a bit of power, then the phone will charge the battery again.