May 7, 2009
No Dedicated Serer Support - Check
No Developer Console - Check
Extended Release Date - Check
Canceling Pre-Order - In Process

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
I wasnt going to buy it but since the prices were slashed by half than I am buying it. I feel kinda sorry for those who got caught in the initial hype and pre-ordered it.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]MaDMagik[/nom]I wasnt going to buy it but since the prices were slashed by half than I am buying it. I feel kinda sorry for those who got caught in the initial hype and pre-ordered it.[/citation]

So I had to look up pricing, because if they really cut prices of the game in half I'm going to laugh in Activision's face.

However, I did find this.. and it's worth an LOL by itself:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "Prestige Edition" $149 @ Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HEWACS/ref=asc_df_B002HEWACS959867?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B002HEWACS

RCraig57

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
I refuse to buy this game UNLESS they changed their decidion on no dedicated server support as well as customized maps.

I'll stick with CoD4 and Battlefield for now.

G

Why is it that video game developers treat their customers like children? no billy you can't play the game until we say so... but billy is a tax paying adult with two kids of his own! anal release date restrictions are for children and losers. Stop spending your money with control freak companies and they will dry up and make room for others that actually RESPECT their customers.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]So I had to look up pricing, because if they really cut prices of the game in half I'm going to laugh in Activision's face.However, I did find this.. and it's worth an LOL by itself:Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "Prestige Edition" $149 @ Amazon.comhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HEWAC [...] B002HEWACS[/citation]

LOL...you can get your own night vision goggles; wonder how many tools will put them on and look at the screen (blinding themselves)

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]anonydude09[/nom]Why is it that video game developers treat their customers like children? no billy you can't play the game until we say so... but billy is a tax paying adult with two kids of his own! anal release date restrictions are for children and losers. Stop spending your money with control freak companies and they will dry up and make room for others that actually RESPECT their customers.[/citation]

I agree. The problem with this decision is that it likely means you can't just install the game on a PC and play unless you have Internet & Steam. So potentially no single player without Internet/Steam either.

That part doesn't settle well with me.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]stravis[/nom]LOL...you can get your own night vision goggles; wonder how many tools will put them on and look at the screen (blinding themselves)[/citation]

LOL I know huh? Seriously though, I love how it says "real night vision goggles". My butt. Real night vision goggles cost a fortune. You're not getting real ones for $149, let alone $149 with a new game and other junk (display stand?! Seriously?!?!).

"Look man, not only did I buy MW2, but I have a display stand for the box it came in... I'm freaking AWESOME!"

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I hate the fact that even if I download it from Steam I still pay full boxed price. I should get a discount for not having to pay for packaging or shipping to the retailers or the handling charges by the retailer. I like how some manufacturers are selling PC games for cheaper $39 while some have started to inflate the price to the $59 dollar. I managed to pre-order Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and Red Faction: Guerrilla for $34 that's almost half the price of MW2.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
LOL I know huh? Seriously though, I love how it says "real night vision goggles". My butt. Real night vision goggles cost a fortune. You're not getting real ones for $149, let alone $149 with a new game and other junk (display stand?! Seriously?!?!).

Nope, you can buy first gen night vision goggles (which is what comes with the MW2 package) for about $100USD from just about any online military surplus retailer. Heck you can buy a first gen Russian military surplus night vision scope with IR illuminator for $380!

Status
Not open for further replies.