Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Map Pack Also $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I don't understand why they only do the xbox first. If it is an entire game I can understand, as a marketing strategy, but if you buy this you already have the game on a platform.

anyone get what im saying?

Furthermore nice that they release map packs, but I don't see this to be worth $15. Then again, I don't play MW2.

dan117

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
BF BC2 costs as much as both DLCs here in Romania, but has a lot more to offer, like dedicated servers!

I play MW2, and it has really good gameplay(especially in Hardcore mode), graphics, it's optimized(it can run on my notebook), but everything else is crap.
I would have bought the DLC if it added dedicated servers and anti-cheat. I know they're too lazy, but they should at least put in a kick-voting system, for fuck's sake!

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I don't understand why they only do the xbox first. If it is an entire game I can understand, as a marketing strategy, but if you buy this you already have the game on a platform.anyone get what im saying?.[/citation]

It's Activision's way of saying: screw you PC and PS3 users, say goodbye to the times when you only had to pay for the game itself. I guess Activision isn't content with making a 500% profit within the first few weeks, they want to milk the cow to death.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
As far as I know (at least here in South Africa) the players aren't even playing MW2, tournaments and events and serious gamers are still competing on MW1. So unless they support these guys by allowing dedicated servers, there isnt really a point to bringing it out on PC anyway. (except of course those handful that play on the crappy automated online system). Just my 2c

shinmalothar

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]I don't understand why they only do the xbox first. If it is an entire game I can understand, as a marketing strategy, but if you buy this you already have the game on a platform.anyone get what im saying?[/citation]

I'm pretty sure it comes out on 360 first because Microsoft hand Activision some Gold subscription money to do so.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
i actualy got the BF BC2 huge fan of them but the blur gray thing the game does is not working at all. I cant play the game only becose of it. its actualy retarded they still got it from the ps3. if they make it the same for the 1943 im sad to say it will not be ownd by me ;(.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
thank you IDIOTS for setting precedence on charging $15 for map pack!!!!

now this price setting will be standard for all games to come!!!

I LIKE some of the older games because of user mods...none of this crapfest going on there...

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
This is just completely stupid. Even worse on the new map packs for PC. You cannot pick which game mode to play on the new maps, its all random.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dan117[/nom]I would have bought the DLC if it added dedicated servers and anti-cheat. I know they're too lazy, but they should at least put in a kick-voting system, for fuck's sake![/citation]
yeah..the hacking is INTENSE..so annoying
also, the game cost me $45aud, and the map packs are going to cost another $40, thats if i buy them....somehow, i dont think i am

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I remember when games added new content in patches, online was free, map packs game once every few months. The only money you paid was to buy the game, nothing else.
Is it really over?

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Yeah, idiots apparently are willing to buy it, so it's not surprising. I'd never pay anything for a map pack. They should be supporting those who buy the game, not the other way around. And then the chumps who buy it say that intelligent people like us shouldn't get mad and that we don't have to buy it, But like you said, it sets a precedence. Full-fledged expansion packs used to be $15. I blame Bungie and Microsoft, they're the first company to charge a ridiculous price for a map pack. But this takes it to a whole new level, and Bungie at least eventually released the maps for free. Giant companies ruin gaming and game companies. In comparison, when Bungie was independent, they released a full expansion for Myth 2 for free. I didn't believe it was possible for a company to be worse than EA. I remember when Activision and Vivendi merged, people said it would be worse than EA, but I didn't believe it. I've been proven wrong for once, so props to those prophets. Can't wait for them to do the same with Starcraft 2. Already releasing 3 separate games at $60 a pop. I'm surprised they didn't charge for Beta access too. I saw people are selling keys on ebay. Wouldn't surprise me if they were Blizzard/Activision employees selling them.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
This is what a lack of dedicated servers, and a lack of SDK was all about, had nothing to do with the user experience, it was about being able to screw people over for a few shitty maps.

I refused to buy MW2 on principle, so glad I took that decision and stuck to it

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
This makes Ubisoft seem like a wonderful company with their Far Cry 2 editor. At least they only released ONE DLC, and it was "only" $10.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I think that paying for DLC isn't a problem if a company releases a good mapbuilder with the game. That way we'd get community for free (or paid, but I've never heard of such insanity) and professionally made works for a fee.

Still, $15 may be too high, I can't say though; I don't own COD:MW2.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom] Still, $15 may be too high, I can't say though; I don't own COD:MW2.[/citation]

Of course it's too much: only 3 new maps for $15, that's $5 per map while the original game had 16 maps for $60, that's $3.75 per map and also included the development costs of the game.

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]Gulli[/nom]It's Activision's way of saying: screw you PC and PS3 users, say goodbye to the times when you only had to pay for the game itself. I guess Activision isn't content with making a 500% profit within the first few weeks, they want to milk the cow to death.[/citation]
And it works. The price may drive away a handful of people, but everyone else will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.