Modern Warfare 2 Tops Entertainment Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
It amazes me that mediocre games do so well in the mainstream. Call of Duty MW has great single player play, but the stories are too short and the multiplayer is mediocre at best. I can't believe it sells so well.

I think Bad Company 2 will be a better game.

kirvinb

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Well since each game cost $60 and a movie ticket costs 10 or less, takes a lot less to make more in the video game industry I would. guess. Still a awesome feat. I am sure this great reception economically will give them reason to ignore the cries of failure from the PC gaming community.

EasyC

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
A video game has conquered the entertainment industry, gosh I thought it was pirates that were crippling the gaming market. I hope the other gaming companies are taking notes, if you create a good quality franchise you'll make some serious $$$.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]_cubase_[/nom]I see the so called "boycott" worked like gangbusters.[/citation]

i see your so called posting ability worked like gangbusters

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]i see your so called posting ability worked like gangbusters[/citation]

hahaha... ok I deserve that, I will admit.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
seeing as the only thing that the games got going for it is its cinematic like single player, and its only 5 hours long, paying 6 times the price of a movie ticket seems like a ripoff...

and I hear they are making a MW movie? wtf? won't that just be like every other one of the millions of war movies ever made?

soul555top

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]_cubase_[/nom]I see the so called "boycott" worked like gangbusters.[/citation]

Sales breakdown in the UK:

XBox - 57%
PS3 - 40%
PC - 3%

PC Boycott working as intended. For every 1 person who does not purchase this game for PC, you are hurting Activison/IW. If you think they are okay with their sales figures, you are dead wrong. The potential to make more money will ALWAYS drive companies to do just that, therefore each dollar they missed out on, hurts them.

That being said, the massive sales were to be expected. The PC marketshare could have been 10% though.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I won't pay for this game no way and i am on a PC.we also need to think of boycotting Hollywood.I no longer buy any new films nor will i be after all the greedbag things hollywood has been doing pertaining to the internet and the SOC BS Stuff among other reasons.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
America was the greatest place on Earth not too long ago. Don't believe me? Lots of people think so, but ask a Native American.

My point is, no matter what MW2 means to the rest of the world, PC gamers like myself were screwed. No Diablo3 in 2010? Jesus.... This is getting better by the minute.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
do you believe now that if it is a good game... piracy is effective no more.

movies nor music can compete with SUCH A GOOD GAME...

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Enjoy it while it lasts Inactivision and InsanityWard, your costumer support on all platforms and treatment of pc-players will come back and bite you in the a**.

I for one, am NEVER going to buy Activision products again - tardcakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.