Mom Says Street View Showed Nude Pics of Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

no. you can have a camera on your property filming naked neighbors in the house next door and there is nothing illegal about it. there was a case like that around here and as long as the cam is not on their property it isn't really infringing upon illegal boundaries.

G

I fail to see the problem. If this stupid woman is going to allow her kid to be naked outside were all the neighbors to see which I think is wrong. The what does it matter if it is on the internet. There is more of a chance that a Pedophile that is already walking by would snatch the kid. It is again just a cry for money

Jinx13

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Don't leave the house in any clothing or lack thereof that you don't want to be seen in. That goes for your kids and anyone else you are responsible for. Should Google blur out faces of those caught on camera? Yes. Do they need to blur me should I ever be caught on camera? No.

All these people that complain only noticed because they were checking out streetview. They were probably doing so because they thought it was a pretty interesting feature; "cool" one might even say. Then they see a shot of something they find embarrassing, and it is such a terrible invasion of privacy google has dared commit!

/rant

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
OK... Why the &$^% was your kid outside naked to begin with? "That's what kids do" Really? That's what parents are for - to tell them when they are doing something stupid.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Whys the kid walking around naked outside? Warm day or not, kids walk around with cloths on!

No, Google shouldnt ask permission, the streets are public.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It looks like to me that these British people are overly sensitive.

As long as you're playing by a public road, your image is in public domain. Which means a motorist speeding by also asw your child's rear. Are you going to demand that all drivers wear a eye patch while driving by your son?

LLJones

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
This is the era of big business and big brother. You have no privacy and next to nothing for rights. Get used to it people

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Although I don't think a 3 year old should be running around naked in an apparently public area, Google should oblige and take it down.
Both are at fault here.

kajjot

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I would be more worried about some pervs taking pics for their personal collection.
Typical "there's a blame = there's a claim" situation.
They were probably already thinking of part exchanging that passat for something better. lol

loneninja

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
It's wrong that google put an image of a naked kid online without blurring it, but it's just as wrong the mother lets her kid run around naked outside.

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
Ms. Rowlands argued that her son was on private property and says residents should be asked if they're happy to have their pictures taken before Google's Street View cars takes the photos.
I'm sorry, you don't own the road or sidewalk.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Well you see, by society's standards, you should generally wear clothing when you're outside. If you don't, people see you naked. Just though I'd let you know, most people don't realize this.

G

How Id respond if I was Google:

Hey Bit56, pay some attention to your child so he is not running around naked in the front yard like some savage.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
I'll give you good odds that five minutes before that picture was taken the mother had the kid wrapped in a towel and had someone keeping a lookout for the google van at the end of the street.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
looks to me as if the kid is behind a gate and the camera is peeking over the gate... i disagree w google here why wont google take it down cause its a kid its ok? plus showing the kids face.... nope i disagree with google here kids will be kids and some have no problem walking around naked.

Status
Not open for further replies.