kennybania

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I dont have an HDTV yet but i have been looking into them. I was thinking that the LCD monitors now are not much different from HDTVs and the LCD monitors seem to be cheaper when comparing sizes with HDTVs. My initial thinking is that I would get an LCD monitor that had a resolution of 1920 x 1080. I want it to have atleast one of Analog RGB, Digital Connectors, D-Sub, DVI, and HDMI.

My thought is that i could connect my computer to it and also my directv and Wii. does this sound like a good plan? I am sure i am missing some details but as I said I am looking into it.
Newegg had the ASUS VK246H for 270$ and its 24inches. Even a low end 22inch 720P hdtv is 280$ (roughly).

muharizj

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
A HDTV is a bad substitute for a good monitor (even the 1080p ones aren't that great). I have many monitors and HDTV's in the house but when it comes to PC use, the monitors are king. I'm assuming your primary purpose is PC usage, so stick to the monitor. If budget allows, get a 1080p HDTV as secondary (always comes in handy for extended desktop usage)