Monitor Roundup: 23"-25"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
This was a nice write-up, but I think a few more monitors in the test would add relevance to a comparison article.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I agree with Zoonie. A few more monitors in the round-up would have been good. I do realise that Tom's Hardware is dominated by gamers but I would like to see reviews of monitors for professional digital imaging.

tanderskey

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
I'll double he agreement and ask, when you review two samsungs and a single hannsg should that really be called a monitor round up of 23 - 25 inchers? I'd really expect to see at least a handful within low medium and high price points -- so 15 total. Otherwise maybe don't call it a "roundup" in the title or you risk disappointing your gentle readers.

Also, whatever happened to monitors with built in USB ports. They're getting awfully hard to find but I certainly don't mind paying extra for extra convenient connectivity right up there on top of my desk.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
For the record, we publish reviews of monitors as the review units come in to our reviewers. So, if you want more monitors in a round up we wouldn't be able to udpate you about products as early.

magius

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
You mention having seen PVA panels with just 0.5 frames of ghosting. Could you elaborate which models fit this description? I'm in the market for a new monitor and would love to get something with nice color accuracy while keeping ghosting to a bare minimum.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]For the record, we publish reviews of monitors as the review units come in to our reviewers. So, if you want more monitors in a round up we wouldn't be able to udpate you about products as early.Rachel[/citation]

Rachel,
How about having one article with all monitors, and then update it with the new products whenever they come in? You could make a whole new article every year or 6 months, but during that time just keep updating the article with new products.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
more monitors would be better - but also please list the SAME technical detials for all the monitors.
Size?
response time? (even though you dont think it matters)
native resolution? -- i only saw resolution numbers for 1 monitor.
results of your tests? -- only 1 review had the contrast ratio graphic.

tjaisv

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I agree that this roundup definitely needs more monitors in it. This is a major review site and as such we would expect more inclusive reviews. Not to depreciate the quality of this roundup though, it's very well presented, it just needs more content ie more monitors presented.

americanbrian

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I think you should do a round up of monitors with displayport inputs. What with everyone and their uncle buying the eyefinity GPU's from AMD we need to know which ones are a good deal for a tri screen setup

overshocks2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
You guys contradicted yourselves?

"Samsung has chosen a 5 ms TN panel for this screen. First-person shooter games like Quake, Unreal or Call of Duty could prove difficult. To be more precise, you might find it difficult to tolerate the blurry rendering of fast-moving objects. However, it's responsive enough for other users, and office use, web browsing and non-FPS titles.

The input lag is under two framers per second, and will therefore go undetected during your multiplayer games."

First, you said it's not good for FPS, then you said it's okay..

G

hello everyone

does anybody know what is the usb port (called "service") for?

RWRamo

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks for the article. I will be needing some good to know facts to be good to go in the near future on monitor replacements. Interesting Tip regarding the 2380 vs 2380M from Samsung. As someone previously stated it would be nice to have more cards in the hand. But, it is also relevant that it is better to have the information on some available immediately.

Personally I have been burned equipment in the past. Simple enough to quietly shuffle the crap off to sections out of sight out of mind until depreciated out of relevancy off the fixture tables.

Per the manufacturers that do not submit their products for reviews? Keep them on the shelf. If I cannot quickly find a trustworthy thumb up or down article I just do not consider them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.