Tail_TL

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
This may very well be a noob question, but I'm a bit confused in this part: http://i.imgur.com/Wugy5T6.png

There are 8 "Cpu" temperatures that I can monitor and I'm guessing those are cores right? So if I have an I7 4770(non K) How many of those graphs do I need to select so I can monitor all the necessary info?

I'm using CoreTemp and its showing me 4 core temperatures so do I need to select only 4 in MSI Afterburner? I can also set it so that CoreTemp shows me only the one core that has the Highest core temp is there I way I can do this in MSI Afterburner so I can see it In-game?

Solution
The 8 CPU temperatures does refer to the number of cores. The reason why CoreTemp only shows four is because of the Hyper-Threading technology on your CPU. The temperatures of the cores should all be the same. You only really need to select the first CPU temperature.

Msgamingelite

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
The 8 CPU temperatures does refer to the number of cores. The reason why CoreTemp only shows four is because of the Hyper-Threading technology on your CPU. The temperatures of the cores should all be the same. You only really need to select the first CPU temperature.

Solution

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Afterburn is showing all 4 cores and then the 4 Hyperthread cores as well. Coretemp is just showing you the 4 physical cores. This must be a new update in Afturburn as I just updated to 3.0.1, normally I would run afturburn just for the GPU and coretemp for the cpu.