More Apple iTV Supplier Rumors Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I'm more excited to see the price than anything...my guess is $1999 for a 37 inch?

If its Siri powered lets hope they figured out a way to prevent someone from simply walking by while your watching a movie and saying "Turn TV Off" or "Next Chapter". lol

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
TODAY APPLE IS GOING TO REINVENT THE TV !
In other news, Steve Jobs, the lord of illusion, has opened a hell gate inside apple's HQ so he can give orders to his evil minions.

G

sceen311 12/28/2011 11:21 PM
Hide
-0+

Could be interesting to see if they can do for tv's what they did for phones and media players.

You mean like absolutely nothing? lol

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
i think this is very good, i hope that apple will push the resolution of the average tv user beyond 1080p, i know they are going to be very expensive but hey, its apple, love them or hate them you have to admit that their devices have very good screen, better than most of the competition in both resolution and quality of the colors

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
And then they will sue Sharp for producing 32" and 37" rectangles, the same way they sued Samsung.

and they will reinvent the RGB colors Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and Apple White

hannibal

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
Shhhh... don't tell them about remote controll, they will patent that too!

Well, actually this may be good, if they can improve the end usage system of TV sets somehow... Apple has been good at putting ordinary things and just make the whole to work. They have a lot of know how in user interfaces.

G

What happens to the TV is the network is out? If everything is Siri driven and you have to proxy through the apple servers to get the results does your smart TV turn dumb? Also that opens up another round of revenue for Apple. Releasing the demographics of what the users are watching and doing with their tv and content.

scout62

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
This will be just like the iPhone 4S where they will advertise the hell out of Siri as the main selling feature then when shit goes wrong they'll claim it's just a beta.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Silly journalists. It will not be called iTV. That is an international trademark already owned by British broadcaster ITV, otherwise 'Apple TV' would already be called iTV.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]Silly journalists. It will not be called iTV. That is an international trademark already owned by British broadcaster ITV, otherwise 'Apple TV' would already be called iTV.[/citation]
They have managed to successfully from Xerox, The Beatles, Creative, Cisco, Fujitsu and a host of others
What makes you think they will honour the trademark owned by Independant Television in the UK?

G

Considering how desperate ITV is to make money I am sure they would be glad to do a deal with Apple!

motheninja

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
You guys are all nothing but Apple hating assholes. I dont love Apple, but at the same time I dont bash them or hate them. They make good products, just ridiculously expensive. I dont see you guys going out and bashing Benz, or BMW for making their vehicles expensive...

ben1680

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Most people "bashing" apple not because of their price, but shoddy business practice. Have you heard BMW or Benz sueing each other for using the same Bosch component, for example?
Or even suing Bosch for supplying each other rival with the same component?

Status
Not open for further replies.