More New Next-Gen iPhone Rumors Abound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Windows 7 perhaps... :p

Actually, the only thing stopping me from getting an iPhone is AT&T and the initial price. Ok, so that's two things but hey.

Perhaps if AT&T would actually have a decent plan that didn't involve nickle and dime tactics to part you with your hard earned money then everyone would have an iPhone.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Slide out keyboard? How stupid would that be.[/citation]
I know, that's almost as dumb as using whole screen to take text input with an incomplete keyboard. But they would never be that stupid.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Hardware.
HDMI output, 4G Radio, Dual Core GPU PowerVR, multiple core ARM, OLED higher resolution screen, Full Bluetooth capability, 10 Megapixel camera w/ flash and optical zoom, FM tuner, infared so we can use as universal remote, USB/Universal charger, 802.11n, True GPS, Wireless remote to control ipod/other functions, 32-64GB flash, Micro SDHC slot, Kick Stand on back to watch movies, Screen Cover that flips open, WiMax Support, Bigger Battery, 512MB ram.

Software.
Office Support, Folders, Access to files like explorer, Task Manager, More advance camera options/menus, more codec support, less restrictions in App approval, Video, and Flash support.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Slide out keyboard? How stupid would that be.[/citation]
No Doubt, I love the touch screen...

The phone does lag and crash sometimes (not as much anymore), but honestly I think it is the best device i have ever purchased...Even though it is Apple :(

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]rexoverbey[/nom]Hardware.HDMI output, 4G Radio, Dual Core GPU PowerVR, multiple core ARM, OLED higher resolution screen, Full Bluetooth capability, 10 Megapixel camera w/ flash and optical zoom, FM tuner, infared so we can use as universal remote, USB/Universal charger, 802.11n, True GPS, Wireless remote to control ipod/other functions, 32-64GB flash, Micro SDHC slot, Kick Stand on back to watch movies, Screen Cover that flips open, WiMax Support, Bigger Battery, 512MB ram.Software.Office Support, Folders, Access to files like explorer, Task Manager, More advance camera options/menus, more codec support, less restrictions in App approval, Video, and Flash support.[/citation]
Holy Hell! ....And it doubles as personal flying machine.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I think they're hinting that the iPhone will be available for $99 and some marketing idiots are basically saying having an iPhone is like having a netbook too.

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]rexoverbey[/nom]Hardware.HDMI output, 4G Radio, Dual Core GPU PowerVR, multiple core ARM, OLED higher resolution screen, Full Bluetooth capability, 10 Megapixel camera w/ flash and optical zoom, FM tuner, infared so we can use as universal remote, USB/Universal charger, 802.11n, True GPS, Wireless remote to control ipod/other functions, 32-64GB flash, Micro SDHC slot, Kick Stand on back to watch movies, Screen Cover that flips open, WiMax Support, Bigger Battery, 512MB ram.Software.Office Support, Folders, Access to files like explorer, Task Manager, More advance camera options/menus, more codec support, less restrictions in App approval, Video, and Flash support.[/citation]

*sings* And a partridge in a pear tree!

outacontrolpimp

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
umm slide out keyboard? how about the option for both, because i know TONS of people that wont buy the iphone without the keyboard, me for 1. The iphone is really nice, and its one of the best phones out. But i still would take a G1 over the iphone just because of the keyboard. Like this for example http://www.techshout.com/images/iphone-keyboard.jpg if that was a bit slimmer, and had some arrow keys, this would be a phone/netbook.
I couldnt dream of anything nicer then that. I still know many people that will not buy the iphone without a keyboard. Its a proven fact that full qwerty keyboards are easier to type with. Ive tried both (iphone for a long time too) the solid keyboard is so much easier. PLEASE give the option to have both :) you could at least hide the keyboard when you dont want it...

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]outacontrolpimp[/nom]umm slide out keyboard? how about the option for both, because i know TONS of people that wont buy the iphone without the keyboard, me for 1. The iphone is really nice, and its one of the best phones out. But i still would take a G1 over the iphone just because of the keyboard. Like this for example http://www.techshout.com/images/iphone-keyboard.jpg if that was a bit slimmer, and had some arrow keys, this would be a phone/netbook. I couldnt dream of anything nicer then that. I still know many people that will not buy the iphone without a keyboard. Its a proven fact that full qwerty keyboards are easier to type with. Ive tried both (iphone for a long time too) the solid keyboard is so much easier. PLEASE give the option to have both you could at least hide the keyboard when you dont want it...[/citation]
As someone who bought an iPhone after using several HTC units I can say that the slide out keyboard is not necessary. After less than a week, i was tpying just as fast, if not faster on the iPhone.. The reason I was slower at first was because I was constantly editing my txt as i typed.. The iPhones auto correct works great though.. Now, I just type what I need and go back and edit the few words that were not corrected properly. The only difference is that its MUCH harder to txt while driving without the tactile feel of the slide out keyboard.. But I have solved that by not texting while diving anymore.. I figure the world is a lot safer like that anyway.. :)

G

The new iPhone will be the same height as the 2nd Gen Touch! Smaller and slightly slimmer. ;)

G

I think the slide out keyboard would be great. There are alot of people who preffer physical keybaords (such as sidekick and blackberry users) The only reason I don't have an iPhone is because of this reason. If they release an iPhone with a physical keyboard I'm definitley getting it. I'm actually waiting from buying a new phone now because of this rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.