Most comfortable headset with 7.1 surround sound?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

John96

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
I'm looking for a headset for extended use, up to 10hrs at a time with 7.1 surround sound. I don't need a mic with it but it has to be comfortable.

I'm willing to spend £100-£150 but prefer it to be under that price range.

I've had expensive headsets in the past but they all become very uncomfortable after about an hour or two of use, and a quick google search of comfortable headsets come with ridiculous prices lol..

Anyway i don't want any wireless headsets since i've had a bad experience with Razer and Logitech wireless headsets.

I've heard that the Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset (wired) is comfortable but im unsure.

Solution
While it does not come with virtual surround sound, my two friends and I switched to Sennheiser HD 558's and 598's and we all find them easy to wear for 6 hours straight.

They are open back headphones which while are not suitable for noisy environments but have much cleaner and clearer sound quality than virtually all gaming headsets so you can hear your enemies better.

Music also sounds fantastic as long as you are not a basshead, as these headphones favor clarity over skull crushing bass.

shotgunz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
There's no drivers needed because it's not a USB headset. How's the comfort?

Also, to get even more comfort, I'd recommend "burning in" the headband by placing something between the headphones when you are not using them like this.

u6lEYLw.jpg

BlueFireZ

Estimable

If you do that the headband will "break in/burn in" and expand a bit so there will be less pressure on your ears, just make sure the object your "break in/burning in" is not too big.

shotgunz

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011

Thanks, I forgot about that.

John96

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
The comfort is generally good, its much better than any of my previous headsets. I've been wearing them for about 8hrs now, my only issue is i start feeling the pressure after a few hours but im sure that will go away eventually.