Mostly Work/Some Gaming, Travel Laptop w/Laptop Buyers FAQ

Venaz

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
1. What is your budget?
- As cheap as possible, but no "limit".

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
- I need a fullsize keyboard on as small a laptop as possible, so I guess 15,6"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
- 1080p, If it is touch I'll bear with it, but I won't be having any greasy fingers on my screen!

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
- As Portable as possible but I need the power. Keep it under 7lbs!

5. How much battery life do you need?
- Again as much as possible really!

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
- The laptop is primarily meant for word processing and spreadsheets, but when I am alone in a hotel room it would be nice to have the option to fire up StarCraft2 or something relatively new. I dont need top Crysis benchmarking performance, but a discrete graphics card is considered a must have!

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
- Movies (h.264), games, word/excel and random internet just about covers it. I am under the impression that you NEED i7 for Mobile processors, but I might be overkilling?

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
- I dont "need" anything. An SSD would be nice, but if it comes with HDD I will probably switch it out myself.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
- Nah, anywhere that ships to UK.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
- UH? for a while I guess... a couple of years? dunno...

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
- None needed.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
- I have an Asus ux31 ultabook which is the most shite quality I have ever encountered, but that aside I guess I am willing to try Asus again (all my desktop mobos are Asus). No special brand preference really...

13. What country do you live in?
- UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
- ABSOLUTELY VITAL! The most important thing: The keyboard must be of high quality (I will use it for financial modelling and this is a crucial point (wish you got mechanical keys for laptops)). + Trackpad must be of equally high quality. Next priority is probably the screen quality tied with portability... from there onwards it is like described above!.

Thx so much for anyone who can help me out! I am lost in a jungle of stuff where nothing I have found so far really fits my bill perfectly!