Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjackman

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Does anyone know if there are any other motherboards that will fit into yet another Acer Aspire 9300 that I have aquired. It is such a good case, screen etc., that I would be reluctant to discard it just because the graphics chip is down. Do all Acers have this problem. Anyway thanks for any help. Ron

Solution
Hi there.
The problem is that if you try to replace the original mainboard with another mainboard, the usb ports etc are not matching up with your bottomcase ( lower part of your notebook)

For example your USB ports will be instead of the left side to the right side.

Also the problem is that your mainboard is made with the bottomcase in mind. This means that your heatsink / fans / cpu position / vga position is matching up with the holes in your bottomcase.

My opinion.. dont do it ;)

If you use the replacement mainboard that is the same as the original, there will be no problem.

harmster

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012
Hi there.
The problem is that if you try to replace the original mainboard with another mainboard, the usb ports etc are not matching up with your bottomcase ( lower part of your notebook)

For example your USB ports will be instead of the left side to the right side.

Also the problem is that your mainboard is made with the bottomcase in mind. This means that your heatsink / fans / cpu position / vga position is matching up with the holes in your bottomcase.

My opinion.. dont do it ;)

If you use the replacement mainboard that is the same as the original, there will be no problem.

Solution

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
No dont try to install different model motherboard into your laptop. If the integrated graphics dont work then you need a replacement motherboard...i would recommend sending it to acer because if you do it yourself first you void the warranty and second you can break something in the process of swapping mobos and you voided the warranty so you will get no support from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.