News Moto G Power (2021) leads revamp of Motorola's G series — and there's a new 5G phone

Feb 14, 2021
I have a G8 power and was pleased until my carrier recently upgraded to 5G. Their system doesn't recognize the IMEI number. Since then group text and image texting doesn't work, my calls lag, and the phone only has internet in the wi-fi setting. For a relatively new phone I figured Motorola would have a fix, but no. After all everybody knew 5G was coming and Samsung and Apple have no issues with this carrier. Calls to Motorola resulted in no help as to no fix for the problem and no desire to help with a discount to a 5G phone. I strongly recommend caution when buying this phone.

Feb 14, 2021
Totally disagree currently. Like I basically said Motorola put out a phone incapable of transitioning to a 5G network. Before buying a Motorola phone I recommend seeing if will work on the carriers network first. Been on the phone with the carrier and Motorola both. And like I said, Samsung and Apple phones have no issue with the carrier change.

Feb 14, 2021
My last response I said......"Been on the phone with the carrier and Motorola both. "

Look all I'm saying is to be careful buying this phone. Despite it being 4g, released in 2020, it is not recognized by AT&T 5g. Everybody says 4g phones work on 5g networks. See it all the time. Not in this case. Buyer beware. I have a semi-functioning phone now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin Article Commentary 1
admin Article Commentary 0
admin Article Commentary 1