Review Moto G Power review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2020
The worst thing about Motorola phones ( I own the 2019 G7 Power) is that Lenovo is ridiculously slow about getting security or OS updates rolled out, especially for the U.S. market. The customer support leaves a lot to be desired as well, mostly consisting of a small shunted-off forum where you can post questions and the forum moderators will mostly dodge the question altogether or link you to a website that has info for every country BUT the U.S. The 5000 mAh battery is all well and good but unless you don't care about security patches and software updates or enjoy constant frustration over the lack of information by Lenovo , I'd take a little less battery life and put your money intoy a Pixel or even a Samsung phone .

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
"though there’s only 64GB of storage. Need any more, and you have to turn to a microUSB card "

Im assuming you meant MicroSD card?

May 2, 2020
This is a great phone for a mid size budget phone. I used to have a very small older phone and this runs circles around it. Nice to have big battery and plenty of ram. The gestures are fun and much easier to use. 16 mp rear AND front cameras. Also has wide angle and a macro camera. Its a 6" phone which is not as bad as i thought it would be to hold. Very little bloatware buying from Motorola. Its a brand new phone, so hard to tell on the long run yet, but the 5000 mah battery alone makes this worth $250. To clarify, the g8 power is Euro version only. The US version is just Moto g power. If you look for a case, it will probably say 2020 after it.

Aug 1, 2020
Excellent review. Pity it did not mention about reception and call quality. It is a PHONE I believe?

Sep 8, 2020
I recently purchased the Moto G Power and am disappointed because it is unable to connect to the LTE network on Sprint (just slow 3G). Apparently, this is an old issue plaguing other Moto phones (descirbed here: https://insiderpaper.com/moto-g7-lte-issue-pops-up-after-android-10-update/). I bought the phone partly due to this glowing article and feel a little let down---I would request the author bring down the number of stars until Motorola issues a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.