MotoCzysz E1pc Electric Race Bike Hits 140MPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
[citation][nom]schwiing[/nom]If it sounds like a prius when revving the engine, the "cool" factor of owning a motorcycle is gone.[/citation]

Motorcycles have more than one "cool factor."

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It seems like electric motors would be great on hairpins turns of motorcycle tracks, since they provide immediate maximum torque on acceleration. I'd like to drive it :)

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
nicely done. id buy it if the price was reasonable. but with batteries that hold 10X what a prius can i doubt its cheap. get that motor up to 130hp and keep the torque reasonable so you dont roast the tire and itll scream. and get it to travel at least 100miles. hell the current power would be ok if it could get the range extended enough to make it an option as my DD. keep it under 25k, closer to 20 and id buy it.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
nvm, checked their website. the 09 model was available in a limited run of 50 for 100k each. for that price id rather have the tesla.

schwiing

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
The endless problem with electric vehicles is always "quick charge". Most of them use a 120V or 220V to charge (usually the latter) but take hours upon hours. Fix that and we have some serious changes

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Nice. I wonder if you have to replace the packs on one side only or if they can be slid from two sides (thinking having a pit crew to replace packs quickly).

Hope the batteries are recyclable - environmentalist will be up in arms else wise.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
OK, let me get this straight. This bike has more 2x the amount of torque and almost the same horsepower as a hybrid car with more battery storage.. why the HELL would they not use this in cars? They could make the motor twice the size and use twice as many battery packs, put it in a car and have a f&&king BEAST. Completely, undeniably unacceptable.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]OK, let me get this straight. This bike has more 2x the amount of torque and almost the same horsepower as a hybrid car with more battery storage.. why the HELL would they not use this in cars? They could make the motor twice the size and use twice as many battery packs, put it in a car and have a f&&king BEAST. Completely, undeniably unacceptable.[/citation]
One Japanese guy did that already, back in 2004, and made a beast of a car.
Search around for "Eliica"

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Motorcycles are cool, but they need to understand the neo green hippie market (AKA college students who will risk their financial welfare on green products they don't need to buy). Once they get a scooter design that weighs 220lbs and goes 80 miles at a constant 60mph before needing a recharge, they win.

G

Kahless01: You obviously didn't check the Motoczysz website very carefully or you would have noticed the C1 selling for $100,000 isn't an electric bike. The E1pc is electric and is not for sale.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
Max speed is 140ish? Pretty slow for $100K. Busa or ZX-14 will do 186mph for under $10K. However, it does look badass. I can't wait to see how well it performs. As for being quiet...that's not a good thing.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
can toms post a video of a electric motorcylce not wearing a helmet attempting to brake-burn on soap with an electric drag bike, only to accidently propel himself into traffic?
then after the video goes viral and millions call him an idiot, he can make a press release toting how good the batteries are and down play the accident.
oh wait: http://www.tgdaily.com/trendwatch-brief/33865-killacycle-inventor-just-has-scrapes-and-cuts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV8_meso6kU

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]It seems like electric motors would be great on hairpins turns of motorcycle tracks, since they provide immediate maximum torque on acceleration. I'd like to drive it[/citation]

If you dont consider the huge weight... maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.