Motorola Backflip Android Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
In these upcoming phone wars, it seems that the OS will be more important than the actual phone hardware. How can a person pick the OS that will do what they want? Then they can shop for the hardware to run that OS.

halcyonnn

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Completely baffled at how this is better than a slide. I suppose it gives you a bit more room for the keyboard, but I think I would prefer to have the keys covered. Anybody else notice this thing looks strikingly like an iPhone when it is closed?

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]halcyonnn[/nom]Completely baffled at how this is better than a slide. I suppose it gives you a bit more room for the keyboard, but I think I would prefer to have the keys covered. Anybody else notice this thing looks strikingly like an iPhone when it is closed?[/citation]
You mean because of the metal rim? Yes--I see that, but a lot of phones have this design these days.

halcyonnn

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]You mean because of the metal rim? Yes--I see that, but a lot of phones have this design these days.[/citation]

It is more than just the metal rim. You are right though. Alot of phones have a very similar style. I find it rather disappointing. Some of them such as Samsungs Moment and Instinct are instantly recognizable as being a different phone. I think the casual observer would actually mistake this one for an iPhone. I am by no means saying that either of those are better phones than this one. I am just saying they have the metal ring without looking like they were designed by the same person.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
This is a HORRIBLE design. A flip phone is supposed to protect the screen and keep buttons from being pressed while the phone is in your pocket. A slider phone does one of these functions, a flip phone does both, and a candybar phone does neither. This is WORSE than a candybar phone though, because this thing has stuff on both sides of the device.

ProHandyman

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
I'm a crackberry curve user, and I so wish that RIM would introduce a "slider", but this MOTO would be something I would purchase if RIM were to introduce a "clone". All BlackBerry's with QWERTY keyboards, the keyboard IS exposed, so to us this is something we live with. You CAN lock the phone's keyboard stopping accidental key inputs.

G

There was a floor model available at my local ATT&T store. As for the keys getting pressed while not in use, the keyboard locks when the phone is closed.

Might get one tomorrow when they become available to everyone. Still doing research though.

Status
Not open for further replies.