Motorola Confirms Two New Xoom Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
I guess they realized that courts are not going to tolerate stealing from Apple, so now they are stealing from WebOS, LOL! That looks an AWFUL lot like the card multitasking system...what a complete joke. Android really cannot come up with anything on its own. Time for HP to sue these rip-off artists!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Good! More options for the consumer = better fit for needs. I can see the 8.2 version being used more on trips and such. Prolly better battery life, too.

appleer

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Looks like a Mac but it's a cool case.
thanks.
g.php

jiangyi

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]A 5 MP camera? I don't get it. (Much) Smaller devices (mobile phones) pack in 8 MP cameras.[/citation]

You have to understand that Megapixels don't mean how good the camera is. Better optics is what's important, and with the small optics on tablets/smartphones, 5 MP is enough and more megapixels would actually degrade the image quality by not letting as much of the other details (Such as light) through.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Megapixels do not mean everything. Besides, I have an original XOOM and I don't use the camera all that much. I mostly use the front camera for Google Talk Calls etc..

jecho

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
If android could get similar app support for tablets i would get one. But until they can compare to the ipad apps. There is no point to own a tablet.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
1.2 ghz dual core... isn't that a bit underpowered for tablets?
why can't motorola make a good enough tablet like asus' eeepad?
in other news, apple just released ipad 2S which kicked xoom 2's ass then sued motorola for patent infringement while motorola pays microsoft for android patents.

claydavis

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
The first version itself created some hype among users and these tablets are really going to rock replacing the previous errors.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]JECHO[/nom]If android could get similar app support for tablets i would get one. But until they can compare to the ipad apps. There is no point to own a tablet.[/citation]
The Android application library will never be able to compare to the iPad's; thus, there will never be a point to owning an Android tablet (or phone, either)!

Status
Not open for further replies.