Motorola Mobility Sued Over Google Acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Really? Another lawsuit? How many have been in this month? I am guessing over a dozen. Well, at least this isn't directly about patents and is more about investments.

Hatecrime69

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dthx[/nom]His stocks are now twice the value of what it was a few days before. How can the guy be unhappy !!![/citation]

because they weren't quad the value, investors suck -.-

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
You know it probably is a fair point. I haven't been paying close attention to this, but I didn't hear squat about this deal until after it was made. I understand that Motorola could have been a target for some time and if someone else took them over it may not have been huge news, but the fact that Google has been sniffing around and it hasn't made headlines (at least not here on THG) means that they either got it through quick or someone at Tom's dropped the ball on this story (unless I've missed something myself)

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I thought Google over paid.

Whats the deal with a tech site not being able to control spam? Seriously last couple articles I saw had at least if not more spam than actual comments.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I think the shareholders can just vote no to the acquisition. Saying Google underpriced them either means they don't realize Motorola is not doing much with the patents or they are waiting for another bid. Which I suspect should be coming in soon from ms and apple.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
Talking about being a greedy bastard, Jesus... Now there's a "not over paid enough" clause in these deals?

Cheers!

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
the deal still has to be voted by stockholders and approve by US and EU regulators and what not. should it need every investors' approval also?

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]the deal still has to be voted by stockholders and approve by US and EU regulators and what not. should it need every investors' approval also?[/citation]

no it goes by how much percentage they own of the company (how much stock he owns). the only way this guy could prevent it is if he owned the highest percentage of the company then all the other stockholders. judging by the lawsuit my guess is he doesn't.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
His lawsuit is based on what motorola mobility could have gotten. Pure speculation. while it may be likely, its not fact. its opinion. won't hold up in court.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
lol google overpayed, not underpaid. First time I see an investor unhappy with double their money. this lawsuit however should be unvalid. Suing a company for an opinion that they didnt get the best price is not a valid lawsuit.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
It's nothing to do with his shares and how much he could possibly get for them. He is blocking an acquisition for 12 billions and preventing Google to lay a hand on these patents. He just wants to know how much on top of that 12 billions Google would like to pay to him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.