Motorola Reveals 7 New Android Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Looks like a bunch of crappy devices with yesterday's hardware that won't meet the minimum specs for the next OS update and likely won't even ship with the most current one, LOL.

Typical Android!

cekasone

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
I thought i was going to be pissed reading this cause i just got a droid x last week but these phones are crap haha

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Does the FLIPOUT remind anyone of...Kin?

I definitely see how there could be interest in the DROID Pro, but some of these models are too "meh". I guess it'll depend on how well they're priced.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Moto BLUR, Moto BLUR, Moto BLUR! And the old BLUR too, not the new Ninja BLUR. Just throw your BLUR widgets into stock Android and stop over complicating the OS. With like 15 BLURed Android phones out, it'll take a year or two to get them all updated whenever a new Android version comes out.

If these can't be rooted, don't bother getting them or else you'll always be way behind on updates!

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
why not just one good phone? I don't have a smartphone, but none of these even get me remotely interested. Mozilla seabird concept, on the other hand, now we are talking. Get that baby pumped out and I will be there with open arms.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Looks like a bunch of crappy devices with yesterday's hardware that won't meet the minimum specs for the next OS update and likely won't even ship with the most current one, LOL.Typical Android![/citation]
I have to agree with you there. I can understand the need to create a cheaper phone, but how many more devices are going to ship with Android 1.6? I am desperate to replace my G1 BECAUSE it only supports 1.6, and yet companies are trying to release even more 1.6-only devices?

That would be like shipping a new computer with Windows ME installed. It won't support any of the latest applications, heck, it will barely browse the internet. It might be 50% the price, but that's because the tech inside is 10 years old.

The biggest problem is the public image. How many people will buy an "Android-capable" phone only to find out it runs 1.6, doesn't support flash, and can't run many of the newest and coolest apps? Rather than say "well, I can buy a more expensive Android phone", they'll be saying "well, I should just buy a damn iPhone if it will cost me that much".

Like Apple or not, there's a reason Apple doesn't sell the original iPhone or the 3G anymore, and that's because they realize they need to maintain their public image with a capable phone. In fact, I'm surprised they still sell the 3GS (which doesn't support Facetime). I bet that causes some confusion at the Apple store.

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Looks like a bunch of crappy devices with yesterday's hardware that won't meet the minimum specs for the next OS update and likely won't even ship with the most current one, LOL.Typical Android![/citation]
It comes with a 528 GHz Qualcomm processor.
I dare you say "yesterday hardware".

jojesa

Distinguished
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]I am desperate to replace my G1 BECAUSE it only supports 1.6, and yet companies are trying to release even more 1.6-only devices?That would be like shipping a new computer with Windows ME installed.[/citation]
You don't seem that desperate. There are many devices with Android 2.1 and 2.2 available. You could even get the G2, which comes with Android 2.2
By the way there are many users happy with Android 1.6, like there are many Windows XP users that buy a brand new computer and prefer the old XP on it.
I like options, the more mixed and matched devices the more options consumers have.

G

Anybody want to my my 486dx2 66? It has the math coprocessor.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
According to Motorola, the latter DEFY model (seen above) will be able to sustain drops, rough handling, and even endure water.

A shock-proof, water-proof Android phone? If it ever makes it to Verizon I am totally picking one up.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I have a Droid and it's serving me incredibly well. I think the flipout may be a big hit with women as it looks like something that could be "cute". Although, it seems like Motorolla is answering everyone's prayers with how everyone whines about how they don't like the current physical keyboard options; like myself I enjoy the virtual keyboard, would probably go for the chubby iphone looking one or the overpowered 528ghz one and start a data center.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Whats with all the kiddie teenie bopper phones, no adult phones with huge screens over $200, wtf?[/citation]
There's the sony X10 for that, I recommend a lot of chargers for everywhere you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.