Motorola Xoom Super Bowl Ad Pokes at Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The "jabs" are diversions away from the device. Like a political campaign that jabs at the candidates distant pass and family history because they can't attack their policies, or "product". Weak sauce.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I think the people in white clothing are meant to represent the cult that Apple has behind it, and the one person in the crowd who understands that he can get better for his money is the guy with the XOOM.

G

I find it sad that we repeat history "repeatedly". Our Virginia governor won on reducing debt and saving money and now is seeking praise for trying to create a $4 billion dollar road project with $3 billion of borrowed money. He is seeking to move the lucrative ABC program to private businesses even though he readily admits it will lose the state millions in revenue. He fights against these things to win the spot and changes midstream to willful ignorance by the public.

Apple did the same thing and revels in the glory of it. They become who they are from the argument that choice is most important. Then, they develop an ever growing cult of followers who are entranced by their singular view of what is good and right in technology. In the Apple cult, Steve's way is the only way. Steve's idea of pretty is the only idea that is. Steve's idea of what people want is what they really want...really. No seriously, it really is the only thing anyone wants.

I hope more open source built companies take the chance to invest in the quality that has followed most of Apple's hardware choices. Right now, the ONLY thing attractive about the iPad to me is the quality of certain apps available only to it.

G

To Motorola, the has-been phone manufacturer: Good luck with that. The battle isn't going to be between iPad vs everything else. It's going to be for second place Android A vs Android B vs Android Z. The war is over. Just like the iPod ended the MP3 player battle. Why is it so hard to see? Apple will gobble up the bulk of the market profit (as it does now with the smartphone, accounting for 50% of the industry profits). Every other me-too brand will be fighting for spare change.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I think the people in white clothing are meant to represent the cult that Apple has behind it, and the one person in the crowd who understands that he can get better for his money is the guy with the XOOM.[/citation]

I think what it really shows is the number of people who will buy an iPad 2 vs a XOOM.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
@ matdrat
I completely agree with you about the iPod and MP3 player battle, but I still think it is a little to early to call it 'a battle won by apple' when it comes to tablets and smartphones, I mean, sure, apple is still at the top of the market in these areas at the moment but the increase in Android smartphones being sold in the past half year or so is staggering, and alot of the reason for this is that Android can reach a much larger market because of the inexpensiveness of alot of Android smartphones compared to iPhones which only reach the high end market (well in my country anyway), and I believe the same thing is going to happen with tablets this year.
Thats just my opinion anyway :)

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I think what it really shows is the number of people who will buy an iPad 2 vs a XOOM.[/citation]
With Apple's marketing team, most likely. But I have to agree with joytech, that the people in white are the sheeples of the Apple cult not knowing any better and will buy everything and anything that prophet Job decrees. "Think different", how ironic.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I think what it really shows is the number of people who will buy an iPad 2 vs a XOOM.[/citation]
I agree, smart people are a minority.

joelmartinez

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I'm not declaring a tablet champ yet but the XOOM is definitely a contender, I hate Apple so even if they do have the best product I'll go out of my way to not buy it or buy a competitor

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]aznguy0028[/nom]With Apple's marketing team, most likely. But I have to agree with joytech, that the people in white are the sheeples of the Apple cult not knowing any better and will buy everything and anything that prophet Job decrees. "Think different", how ironic.[/citation]
Hardly. 90% of Apple buyers do not own a Mac and are strictly PC guys. Eight of us at work have an iPhone 4 and we all use PC's. Apple sells far too many iPads, iPhones and iPods to simply say only Apple sheep are buying them.

Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of people buy Apple because they like their products, not because they are stupid or sheep.

The only really stupid people are the ones who blame all of Apple's success on them having a market base full of idiots who will buy anything.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Hardly. 90% of Apple buyers do not own a Mac and are strictly PC guys. Eight of us at work have an iPhone 4 and we all use PC's. Apple sells far too many iPads, iPhones and iPods to simply say only Apple sheep are buying them.Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of people buy Apple because they like their products, not because they are stupid or sheep.The only really stupid people are the ones who blame all of Apple's success on them having a market base full of idiots who will buy anything.[/citation]

lol troll bait taken.. u mad brah?

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
^ How do you know you weren't trolled originally?

I can guarantee one thing. I'm nowhere near as angry as the Apple haters who spend each day fuming over Apple's tremendous success.

Status
Not open for further replies.