Motorola's switch to MediaTek hasn't gone well — and that worries me

CJBLV

Prominent
Mar 27, 2021
There is a reason I am still holding on to my 2020 Motorola G stylus 4GLTE with Android OS 11 .... it's Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 is still very efficient - and it literally 💩's all over the chipsets in the 2021 and 2022 Motorola G Stylus 4GLTE (💯 agree the budget MediaTek chipsets are not good!)

I found the 2021 Motorola G Stylus 5G's Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 to actually be efficient enough (I hope the 2022 Motorola G Stylus 5G uses the updated Qualcomm Snapdragon 480+ with Android OS 12 out of the box). I am not happy that Samsung refuses to include a wall charger in all of their 2022 devices (even they're cheap budget has no wall charger in the box!)

I don't expect a 662, or an 855 Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, unless it is a Motorola Edge 5G and Motorola One Ace 5G (G Models are budget mid-tier and low-tier devices). I guess my true pet peeve with Motorola is their budget devices don't have NFC (even Samsung's cheap Galaxy A13 5G has NFC).

I will always be a Motorola Guy, but I am first with the constructive criticism that Motorola needs to hear from consumers!