Mouse goes under stuck pixels?

Aug 7, 2013
Earlier I let my LED HDTV slip from my hands for the first time ever. It was being lifted from a clothes basket but fell over face forward to face down about 7 inches at a 45% angle, and hit the corner of the plastic clothes basket. I caught it before it could fall over and off completely. Later that day I turn off my t.v and notice the pixels. Which was in the area that was hit.

Better news for this is that the pixels were only red, but after running a youtube RGB stream-light video for an hour it now changes between all three, but not all the time or at the same time so it never really matches up to disappear entirely, only sometimes.

I've heard people say they can cover up a pixel with their mouse, is it worse that mine goes under them? Help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to run the stream-light video again while I'm sleeping but if anyone else has any other ideas, feel free to announce them.

Solution
lcd-cross-section.jpg
pixel.png

the pixel itself is stuck. meaning the actual part of the monitor which produces the color.

there is no "wiping" it off like a spill. its not something stuck on the back of the screen. stuck refers to the inability of the pixel to change state ( as in stuck in one state not stuck as in stuck on a wall)

replacing an lcd panel isnt cheap... think at least $100 if not more. you cannot replace just one pixel.

sometimes stuck pixels can be rubbed out (with your finger... but watch a video on it first) however sometimes they are stuck for good and never start working again.

DigitalHermit

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
You can't cover stuck pixels with your mouse. It's a problem with the display and not the device where the display signal comes from. Those who can cover the stuck/dead pixels with their mice may have only seen a discrepancy in the signal and not the display itself.

Dead/stuck pixels are bad but your tv should last at most a decade before dying.

Aug 7, 2013
So I left youtube on for 5 more hours and that didn't work. I'm going to try other methods. Do you have any ideas or am I just going to end up opening my led screen to wipe it off. Because I'm not going to deal with this forever. Thanks for the info on how stuck pixels work though.

Aug 7, 2013
So I'm adding another question to this thread instead of opening up another one using space.

Is it possible to open up my T.V (extremely carefully) and wipe out the stuck pixels for my front LED panel. Because I'm pretty sure its possible to at LEAST replace ONLY the panel, and if replacing means, opening, then that is my question. Because sadly, I can't see anyway to remove these stuck pixels, they are like super glue.

lcd-cross-section.jpg
pixel.png

the pixel itself is stuck. meaning the actual part of the monitor which produces the color.

there is no "wiping" it off like a spill. its not something stuck on the back of the screen. stuck refers to the inability of the pixel to change state ( as in stuck in one state not stuck as in stuck on a wall)

replacing an lcd panel isnt cheap... think at least $100 if not more. you cannot replace just one pixel.

sometimes stuck pixels can be rubbed out (with your finger... but watch a video on it first) however sometimes they are stuck for good and never start working again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS