Mouse/Right click not working in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Can someone please help?? I am using Windows Vista, but my question is about Word 2007. For some reason, I can't click anywhere in my document. The cursor stays at the top of the screen and I have to use my arrow keys if I want to move the cursor. I also can't right click, it's as if it doesn't recognize my house, even though it works in every other application as well as working with the icons in Word....

Very strange.

Please help!

kindly,
Liz

G

Hi Liz,

I have this exact problem everytime there's a new windows update. Very annoying! Here's what works for me:

hold down the windows key+R. This opens the 'Run' box. Type: 'Regedit' (without the apostrophes) then hit ok. This opens the Registry Editor.

In the registry editor open the following folders:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Office / 12.0 / Word

Then find the folder called 'Data'. Right click on that folder, choose Rename and add a number to it i.e. 'Data1', then click off it so that the new name is saved. Try opening word again and test the rightclick

Hope that works for you too.

Cheers
Neil

G

Word 2007 Right Mouse Button does not work (although it works in other programs)

Neil's response (next under) worked as presented. I had the same problem and followed his instructions and the right mouse button was again operational. Thank you Neil for the assistance.

Jim Fraser

Hi Liz,

I have this exact problem everytime there's a new windows update. Very annoying! Here's what works for me:

hold down the windows key+R. This opens the 'Run' box. Type: 'Regedit' (without the apostrophes) then hit ok. This opens the Registry Editor.

Then find the folder called 'Data'. Right click on that folder, choose Rename and add a number to it i.e. 'Data1', then click off it so that the new name is saved. Try opening word again and test the rightclick

Cheers
Neil

behappybike

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
If you have just installed an AddIn or the vendor of a software product installed an update with an AddIn this may be your problem.

In my situation:

It looks like Snagit (a screen capture program) sent out an update recently. I installed the update and Word would not allow the mouse to copy or paste text.

The problem was that Snagit automatically installed it’s Word Add In. (I had fixed this problem when I originally installed Snagit)

To fix this problem go into Word safe mode: Run > winword /safe (space after winword but not after forward slash) and when Word launches go to Window icon at the top left, select Word Options at the rectange button at the Bottom, select Add In and then remove the Add In’s.

sree_68

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Thank You very much. Its working. Awesome!!!!!

Hi Liz,

Cheers
Neil

tospaa

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
hi

I have done what Neil told. perfect it worked. after 5 minutes started again. close the document and re-opened it, perfect working normally but just for 2 minutes than here comes the right click problem again. I have deleted all the com object add ins. nothing changed.

now ı open the word, start doing my job, after 2 minutes problem comes, close and re open it. and this continues for all day. and I am getting crazy.

I want to screamm " Hellllllllllllpppppppppp"

Thanks Advance

G

Thnx dude, u helped me with my problem. Installed babylon, and it made my right click not function in word, disabled it and it works perfectly again!

G

Word 2007 Right Mouse Button does not work (although it works in other programs)

Neil's response (next under) worked as presented. I had the same problem and followed his instructions and the right mouse button was again operational. Thank you Neil for the assistance.

Jim Fraser

NEIL==> U R the best...Gosh..I, for a second, thought that I had messed up my PhD dissertation...
Stay blessed!

G

Hi Liz,

Cheers
Neil

Thank you! :)

G

Hi Neil,
This happened to me too! Couldn't right click to spell check, copy, etc in Word. By following Neil's directions- I can now fix it. Remember if you can't right click just hold down your left mouse to change the file name to Data1.

Thanks so much for your input.

Violet

Status
Not open for further replies.