Mouse Start Scroll Not Working after installing Windows 10

Destro16

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015
HI Guys, i have a HP pavillion dv4 series laptop, just installed windows 10 on it. I am facing problems with scrolling, in app menu and start, win 10 has a feature called as "scroll incative windows" which is helps to scroll in start without those softwares like wizmouse, katmouse etc.This feature is on in my laptop but still cant scroll. I have tried updating, reinstalling drivers but didnt help. And i tried an external mouse through which i cant perfectly scroll, but i dont want to use an external mouse.. So plz help me with this issue..

Thnks!

Solution
This is a driver related issue. You have done the right things. Windows 10 may not have an appropriate driver to enable the feature that you are seeking. Windows 10 is lacking in this.
I agree with Ubrales. HP might not support your laptop model for Windows 10 (ie they may not have Win 10 drivers for it.

With laptops especially, you should check driver availability on the manufacturer's website before changing the pre-installed OS.

If the OS isn't supported, don't install it.

Destro16

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015

I have checked on HP my laptop is supported, if there is a driver problem, maybe a software could help, if there is any plz tell.

"Supported" means that Windows 10 will install and run as the OS, which it does. The scroll feature that you are looking for is a subset of scroll and may not be supported by the driver released by HP. This is what you are seeing. HP may decide to update the driver when more and more users bring this to their attention.

Look for touchpad settings under Control Panel.