Movies System Build?

Michael Odell

Estimable
May 24, 2014
I'am looking to build a home theater type system. Something I can load up with movies and such. and have in my living room. Could anyone shoot me in the right direction? Or even a nice build. Nothing fancy. Perhaps a hard drive thats 7200RPM or higher. I heard thats best for playing movies and such.

start with a b170 micro atx or an itx mb for size. if your just going to use it as a media server and not gaming use a g4400 that 60.00. or an i3 cpu. 8g of ddr4 ram. i would spend extra 90.00 use a 256g ssd as boot os drive and then a 4tb for storage drive. i would use onboard intel video chipset. if there an issue with streaming with it then pick up a 940/950 gpu. depending on the case there are some nice cube and itx cases out there. when looking at cases if you get a sfx itx case you have to spend about 80.00 on a sfx power supply. largest ones now are 600w. a itx case that take a standard power supply you can get a 600w unit for about 40.00 now.

Groza Adrian

Honorable
May 16, 2013
Why would he put a 600W power supply inside a minimal HTPC?
@Michael,if you do not watch 4k videos,a simple Bay Trail Atom Soc will do.You can Get a NUC style CPU and attach the hard-drive via USB and a remote controller compatible with XBMC/KODI (most) and you are good to go.Please note,Most NUC pc do not come with memory or storage built it.