Moving your Sd card to a new Phone

Solution
First try restarting the phone and see if they will show then. If not, try changing the settings in the gallery app to look on the card and not just the phone. Those are the most common issues.

If it still doesn't show them, then I have to ask if the card was encoded or made to be "Internal" storage on the original device? If yes, then no other device can read it. If that is the case, or the new device just won't read the card, then I would put the card back in the original device, and then connect that device to a computer via USB cord. Copy or move all the files you want over to an empty folder on the computer. Then remove the old phone ad put the SD card into the new device. It will need to be mounted and formatted. Then once it is...
First try restarting the phone and see if they will show then. If not, try changing the settings in the gallery app to look on the card and not just the phone. Those are the most common issues.

If it still doesn't show them, then I have to ask if the card was encoded or made to be "Internal" storage on the original device? If yes, then no other device can read it. If that is the case, or the new device just won't read the card, then I would put the card back in the original device, and then connect that device to a computer via USB cord. Copy or move all the files you want over to an empty folder on the computer. Then remove the old phone ad put the SD card into the new device. It will need to be mounted and formatted. Then once it is working, you can connect the new device to the computer via USB cord and move or copy the files over to the new phone or SD card in that new phone.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS