Mozilla Attacks IE9's Marketing As Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Each IE release is considerably faster until a few weeks later when they release security patches that break the methods they used.

G

O'Callahan is either blind or covering his own problems. Compare rendering of CSS level 3 box shadows, border radii, and linear gradients on elements which are part of animated widgets, among the leading modern browsers and IE9.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
And i'll use Firefox RC1 when it doesn't crash every 20 mins. You'd think after 123198 beta's i wouldn't need to be told update your graphics drivers it's your fault our browser crashes.

G

All marketing is bad, just ignore it. Use Tom's reviews instead :p ...

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]chrome sucks balls...firefox for life[/citation]
Remember that firefox has the worst performance in the market. but the best features (and plugins)
chrome has the worst appearance. and the worst features.
i personally prefer opera. it has both good performance and appearance and good features too (its not as good as firefox when talking about plugins, but the most useful are really good)
im not an opera fan. if firefox gets better, i'll use it, if chrome gets better, ill use it. even if IE9 proves to be be the best, i'll use it. but right now, opera has the best ranking in performance and looks. (chech the last browser performance comparison in tomshardware if you dont believe me).

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
html5 test.com results
Chrome (current update) 288
FF 3.6.13 (latest release) 155
IE9 Beta 130

ya... looks like both ie and FF are blowing smoke on next gen support, and even Chrome only got 288 of 400. Time to go back to the drawing board.

G

IE is junk and has always been junk. Anyone who uses it probably doesn't know what a web browser is. the Internet is just that little E symbol on the task bar, you know that thing when you click on the flag on the bottom left? Yeah that one.

G

Let's not talk about the look of the software and it's speed.
Let's talk about it's accessibility.
I'm a blind computer user with great skils I think.
I would recommend Firefox insted of IE9 to all blind users now because the most popular screen reader in the world, "JAWS for Windows" doesn't work with IE9 as well.
I'm not talking about browsers like the stupad Crome, or the stupad opera.
They are not accessibile at all to us.
I hope that these 2 programs are going to inploment accessibility soon.
So, let's think about other tipes of people with dissabilities and not about the look and the GPU and the speed with our software.
Accessibility is not less important.
So, now, Firefox and that's it for the blind Vista/Win7 users!

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I used like Chrome since version 6 because of performance and being light on memory footprint until I found out that you can reveal passwords with it without a master key. That's a serious security problem. Now I can't use Chrome and store passwords anymore. BIG fail.

G

Give me a break! What company does not focus on their product as if its the best in the world? Gee Mozilla, have you never heard a Steve Jobs presentation? What is always important Mozilla is how users like it? Right now Firefox is losing ground to Chrome. Hint, I think users like Chrome.
If Firefox 4 sucks as bad as I think it will. Then all the positive advertising you do won't help it.
Same goes for IE9. If its good, who cares about micro seconds of difference in speed.

fouch

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Love Chrome, runs quite, not hogging tons of resources. FF is the worst for resource hogging by far. IE is a joke. MS is finally releasing a browser with CSS3 support, and we're all supposed to cheer? Where the hell was the support in IE 8?

Chrome takes like 5 seconds to install, and is extremely versatile. I don't need anything else. Plus I love the sync, everywhere i go I get the same experience.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]And i'll use Firefox RC1 when it doesn't crash every 20 mins. You'd think after 123198 beta's i wouldn't need to be told update your graphics drivers it's your fault our browser crashes.[/citation]
I've been using Firefox beta since it's 5th release, or something like that - and I swear to you it has only crashed once, and that was after tried to assign the temporary folder it uses to a secondary drive. So, if your Firefox crashes every 20 minutes, it's absolutely your problem.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]I've been using Firefox beta since it's 5th release, or something like that - and I swear to you it has only crashed once, and that was after tried to assign the temporary folder it uses to a secondary drive. So, if your Firefox crashes every 20 minutes, it's absolutely your problem.[/citation]
with that logic every problem that someone else has that you don't is not a problem but just something they are doing wrong right? FF 4.0 has never been stable on my desktop, my laptop seems to work with it just fine it just freezes at odd moments loading images and crap. It's FF 3.6 or don't use FF imo

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]And i'll use Firefox RC1 when it doesn't crash every 20 mins. You'd think after 123198 beta's i wouldn't need to be told update your graphics drivers it's your fault our browser crashes.[/citation]
All browser developers recommend users to install the most up to date GPU drivers when using the GPU acceleration feature in the browser. Both IE9 RC and Chrome also had several crashes reported because of outdated drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.